We left the house today to run errands around 1 this afternoon and my daughter to home from dance around 4. When I got back from errands around 7 we noticed that there was an empty bag of do e milk chocolate on the floor. I knew where that bag was and went looking for my work bag that it was in. Someone had moved it to the floor and the dogs had eaten the whole bag of chocolate (only about 6 chocolates had been eaten from the bag). I immediately texted my vet (small town we know everyone) and due to it being so long from the suspected consumption of chromate to when we got home it was to late to have their stomached pumped. I am now on watch through the night for the dogs to show signs of poisoning and am to call immediately if they start vomiting or pooing uncontrollably. Please keep them in your prayers that they didn't get as much as we think and that it is a quiet night.
what's chromate? Hoping nothing serious. hugs and prayers.
Dave and Molly
Ian Dunbar was awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from I.P.D.T.A. Here's a picture of me accepting the award on his behalf.
Member of IAABC ,International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants , Member of Pet Professional Guild
Wanted to add, I knew a girl who fed her dog chocolate. She argued with me that chocolate was fine for dogs because she fed it to her dog all the time. She was shocked to hear it was poisonous....I think I heard dark was worse than milk.