Havanese Forum banner

e-reader?

7K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  Tia 
#1 ·
Hello friends!

I have decided I am finally ready for an e-reader and THAT is what I want for Christmas. even if I have to get it for myself! :D

So, my question is, do you have an e-reader? what do you have? Kindle? Nook? Kobo? Do you like it? Would you reccomend it? Are you able to access your public library and read books that way on your device??

THANK YOU!

#34 ·
I'm late to the party, as usual, but thought I'd chime in. I have just a plain old Kindle -- not the earliest, but a couple of years old. I'd have to go to the Amazon website to tell you which version it is. Anyhow, the two most important features to me were that it is only for reading, and that it is not backlit. I spend way too much time on my laptop and android phone as it is, and at this point I think I have full blown ADHD from jumping around so much, ha ha. I love that when I am reading on my Kindle, when I get the itch to check my e-mail or go to a website I can't just easily give into the temptation. Well, not without getting out of my comfy chair, at any rate. I also wanted to be able to read it outside on nice warm sunny days, and wanted a screen that's just like reading on paper. It doesn't bother me that it's not backlit. If necessary I just use a lamp -- like with a book! I'm not even sure I know the difference between this one and the paperwhite, but I hope you get it, Tammy!
-- Eileen

#36 ·
ell I just got off my new treadmill. I walked a mile reading my original Nook. I have the touch screen one, but it doesn't turn the page as well as the push button one. So I can walk a pretty good pace for me and read. Makes the time go by without me noticing. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

#39 ·
My sweetie got me a paperwhite kindle for Christmas! Now I have to get use to the touchscreen. The hubby agonized over whether to get me the paperwhite or the fire. He decided that the fire would be a waste because I love my laptop and just need an e-reader with a backlight. I like it so far.

#40 ·
Awesome!!! Once we figure it out, my husband said there's a way user can share books...!
I also wanted it just for reading... although the kids got Nook Color's for Christmas and I am seriously envying them... thinking I should have gotten one for myself!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.