Havanese Forum banner

First Time Flying

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ewokpup 
#1 ·
Hello all! Next week I'll be flying from NYC to San Diego for the holidays with my (nearly 4 month old) pup Olive. I've travelled with him in his crate quite often up until now. Just this week, I took him on a car trip that was 1.5 hrs one way, and he hardly made a sound in his crate. However, I'm quite worried about the length of our upcoming trip. The flight alone is 5.5 hrs and that's not even including the hour long drive to the airport, hour of check-in and security, and time spent on the other end waiting for our luggage. He is only four months old, and I don't know how long he can go without pottying. I'm also a bit worried about how long he can go without water. Obviously I don't want to dehydrate him, but I also don't want him whining because he has to pee during the flight. I'm hoping you folks can give me words of advice/reassurance/etc. Any tricks that I might not know? How long before we leave should I stop giving him water?
Thanks!
Hannah & Olive

#2 ·
Good luck with that one I have no idea. I have a question though. A lot of people on here seem to take their dogs to hotels with them, on flights and to work.

When flying with them, what is the arrangement and charge for them?

I don't think in Aus I have ever known the practice to be so common. I don't think our society is so well adjusted!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.