Havanese Forum banner

What are your favorite colors?

3K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  heatherk 
#1 ·
Hi! I will soon be selecting my puppy from a litter of seven :D I will choose based on personality first, but colors are fun too! I was just wondering what your favorites are? Here are the colors i have to choose from(i will try to post a pic): Sable boy, Champagne with white markings, white with probably cream markings, and several black/whites. Also what changes can i likely expect with any of those colors? Thanks!

#2 ·
Well basically all the colors you have mentioned will lighten drastically. If you want to have more color, the black/whites have the most hope of staying. Of course they can silver too. I really wanted a colored Havanese but my first is a white one. I couldn't love him any more if he was another color..lol.. The next one I get will have more color. I like some variety..lol..

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#6 ·
I'm partial because Q is a tri color, so for me it would have to be the darker colors. I would love a red color hav if I could find one, but don't think that is going to happen because I refuse to change breeders lol. Honestly, Q stole my heart the minute I saw him. He could have been green for all I cared!

#20 ·
The dark tipping will remain only if the darkness originates from the roots. Finn maintained the dark tipping on his body until he blew coat, and then that hair was lost. He still has dark hair at the tip of his tail, the tips of his ears, and the top of his muzzle. But that hair was/is dark from the roots. I am hoping he will keep it, but who knows with these guys. Whatever pup you choose, or chooses you - I would highly suggest visiting the breeder - you will love dearly - color doesn't matter.

#13 ·
I love the boy with the white blaze and blacks spots!! It makes me think of names like Blaze, Spot, Dotz, Dice and on and on . . .

Then again, I'm very partial to black and whites . . . and, if they have eyebrows of a contrasting color . . . !!!!!!!!

#22 ·
I will get to go pick out my puppy when they are 8 weeks old. I get first pick :) The time is going way too slow! She keeps the puppies till theyre 10 weeks old, which i totally understand is good for many reasons. She will send new pictures next week!

#25 ·
Oh Laurie your dogs are so happy looking and just gorgeous! I actually like the way the sables lighten up but have dark tipping on their fur. And i am actually paetial to white and cream. Heck any color will be beautiful! When i talked to the breeder, before the litter was born, she asked what i was looking for in a puppy. I told her one whose personality was suitable to a family with young grandkids , a puppy who would be sociable and enjoy going places and meeting people, etc. As far as color i said i wasnt too picky, i do like white, cream, sable, black and white. When the litter was born she said every color i had talked about was in this litter lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.