New here...Half-a-Pom (havanese/Pomeranian) - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Julie
 
Pipersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,441
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
Welcome! Bama is a cutie

Julie, Piper and Riley

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton
Pipersmom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,782
Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 144 Times in 144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokpup View Post
You are right about pinpointing breeds. But the place did seem pretty sure about the Havanese-Pom mix. Perhaps they knew more about her past than they would say. But when you fall in love in that moment with a little ball of fluff, all that seems to matter is bringing her/him into your heart and home.
Of course when you rescue a pup, it makes absolutely no difference what the breed(s) are... it's just important that you and the pup "click"... and it certainly sounds like the two of you have. She's cute as a button!


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RL1X3, RL2X3, RL3X2...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash CGC)






krandall is online now  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Momo means Peach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 525
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to the forum! Bama is adorable and we need more pictures.

Donnie, Momo and Ume's mom and loving it!



Momo means Peach is offline  
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ewokpup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 411
Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo means Peach View Post
Welcome to the forum! Bama is adorable and we need more pictures.
I will have to hop on a computer soon to put more pics up.
Ewokpup is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ewokpup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 411
Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Of course when you rescue a pup, it makes absolutely no difference what the breed(s) are... it's just important that you and the pup "click"... and it certainly sounds like the two of you have. She's cute as a button!
Indeed. And we definitely clicked. ;-)

I think the reason the place was so sure of her breed (and projected height and weight) is that she may have been a mill or BYB dog originally (or a 'surprise litter' between two known breed parents). She took right to her crate the first night and used piddle pads right away with no problem. Which from what I read isn't typical for mill dogs. We wonder if she was given up because of her health issues. We literally had to put food in her mouth because she wouldn't eat. She was 1.8 pounds and a week after we had her she still was 1.8. Or that maybe she had been rescued from a mill that got shut down.

Whatever her past, she is 5.2 now. We used to could eat pizza right next to her and she wouldn't be interested, but now we have to put her up so we can eat in peace. And no, we don't give her people food.
Ewokpup is offline  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ewokpup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 411
Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Btw does anyone here post pictures from an iPad or iPhone? Is there a secret to get it to work? Or do I just need to do it from my computer?
Ewokpup is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Anna6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 238
Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokpup View Post
We used to could eat pizza right next to her and she wouldn't be interested, but now we have to put her up so we can eat in peace. And no, we don't give her people food.
The same here with Nina. I can't even cook now without her barking up a storm. We just ignore her barking but it might be really anoying when people come over. I hope over time she will calm down.
Anna6 is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Senior Member
 
lise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 958
Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna6 View Post
The same here with Nina. I can't even cook now without her barking up a storm. We just ignore her barking but it might be really anoying when people come over. I hope over time she will calm down.
What I learned from my trainer is to ignore the bad behaviour and reward the good. When she is quiet, tell her what a good girl she is and give her a treat. When she barks ignore. She's smart, she will figure it out.

Lise and Ted
lise is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,782
Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 144 Times in 144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokpup View Post
Indeed. And we definitely clicked. ;-)

I think the reason the place was so sure of her breed (and projected height and weight) is that she may have been a mill or BYB dog originally (or a 'surprise litter' between two known breed parents). She took right to her crate the first night and used piddle pads right away with no problem. Which from what I read isn't typical for mill dogs. We wonder if she was given up because of her health issues. We literally had to put food in her mouth because she wouldn't eat. She was 1.8 pounds and a week after we had her she still was 1.8. Or that maybe she had been rescued from a mill that got shut down.

Whatever her past, she is 5.2 now. We used to could eat pizza right next to her and she wouldn't be interested, but now we have to put her up so we can eat in peace. And no, we don't give her people food.
Ha! I sounds like she definitely knows she landed in the right place! I'm glad you found each other!


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RL1X3, RL2X3, RL3X2...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash CGC)






krandall is online now  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Metrowest, MA
 
krandall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,782
Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 144 Times in 144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokpup View Post
Btw does anyone here post pictures from an iPad or iPhone? Is there a secret to get it to work? Or do I just need to do it from my computer?
I haven't figured out a way to do it... which is a pain, since I like to check the forum in the evening, when I'm in bed. I have to remember, and post photos the next day from the computer!


Karen, Kodi, Pixel and Panda
(ARCHMX Starborn Kodak Moment BN, PCD, NA, NAJ, CDX-CCH, RE, RL1X3, RL2X3, RL3X2...
plus Starborn's Picture Perfect & Nauti Herd Compact Flash CGC)






krandall is online now  
Reply

Tags
colors , fur , mix , pomeranian , puppy

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome