Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have had my Jackson for just over a year now and went through something similar to what you are currently experiencing. I searched the web, went back to my breeder (as this was my first experience with a Havanese) and here is a list of things I tried:
1. Leave the TV on for background noise.
2. Talk to your dog, let him know you will be leaving, but you will be back.
3. Give a treat before leaving.
4. Try leaving for a short time, 2 mins, talk to the dog letting him/her know you will be back shortly. Repeat step, increasing the time period you are gone 5, 10, 15 mins.
Before you know it your dog will be ok, with you running arrands and returning.
5. Make sure you take your dog out to complete his business, immediately before leaving and as soon as you return.
Hope this helps, it worked for me but I am not a professional trainer.