Havanese Forum banner

Ack! My puppy SNORES!

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  TilliesMom 
#1 ·
My husband told me this morning he had a restless night, then surprised me with the news I was snoring! But it turns out, while Raider was napping today, HE was the one snoring. Anyone ever hear of such a thing and is this indicative of a some malady needing checked???

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

#2 ·
if he's doing it regularily, I'd check with your vet. Short muzzled dogs do it a fair bit, but I can't recall any one here mentioning it before.

#3 ·
Today's the first day I've noticed it . . .and while it's not easy to judge the snout of a 12 week old, his mom's snout actually appears somewhat longish for a Havanese, and his dad has his championship and I would think a shorter than standard snout would be reason for disqualification, wouldn't it?

But I'll definitely mention it to his doc at next week's check up, unless you think he should be seen earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

#4 ·
yeah that should be fine. I would try and record it if possible. , so the vet can get an idea.

Reactions: ClaireVoyant
#14 ·
Brody is a very quiet sleeper. Once in a while he'll make little yips while he sleeps...but very rarely. Like Tammy, I've poked him awake a time (or three) to just to make sure he was still alive and breathing!

My mom and dad had a Bichon who snored like crazy. He nearly died as a pup from pneumonia and had life long minor breathing issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.