Havanese Forum banner

Narci- A tech question for you

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  kawboy 
#1 ·
I have an I pad 2 that I cannot download the I book app or the kindle app with. I learned I need to connect it to my MacBook and update the operating system to 5.0. My MacBook couldn't download I tunes so I purchased and installed snow leopard which I was told would allow me to get I tunes. I still don't have an operating system adequate for downloading I tunes when I tried. I'm beginning to think buying a new I pad would be easier since I apparently need I tunes to upgrade the iPad. Any ideas of what I might do? Thanks.

#3 · (Edited)
That is odd that you cannot download itunes. It should install on any operating system.

You should be able to upgrade the os on the ipad without connecting it to itunes.

Goto settings, general, and then software update on the ipad.

Also try a reboot. Hold the home button and press the power button and hold both for about 10 seconds.

Easiest solution is to bring both macbook and ipad to the apple store and let the geniuses handle it.

Other way is to try a different computer.

Last resort, wipe the ipad but make sure you back up first.

#5 ·
It tells me I need OS 10.6.8 or later. I have 10.6.3 after installing snow leopard. I am trying to download from the apple site so it is the latest version of i tunes. I was told by an apple tech that the only way to upgrade the i pads OS is to connect it to my macbook and do it through i tunes. I could try an older version of i tunes but may not be able to access whatever it is I need for the i pad.

#7 ·
You are right. My macbook is older and won't support the os needed for the latest i tunes. The older version didn't seem to help, probably because I can't figure out how to get to it. There is no icon on my desktop so I don't know where it went. Just buying a new ipad when my wife wants one. Thank you.

Sent you a pm also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.