Havanese Forum banner

Gearing up for the cold!

9K views 112 replies 22 participants last post by  Ewokpup 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, it looks like fur parents are starting to think about the cold weather. With many new members, I will post my favorite custom sweater site. These sweaters are the best on the market and they fit like a glove. They are custom made and worth the wait! So no more sweaters that are too short! They are also affordable and ship free from Turkey. Here are 3 I just bought. I have about 2 dozen of her sweaters and winter coats!!

http://www.royalfifi.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_22&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=1

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
must say Linda, even though Molly and I aren't much for clothes, they do look cute. Post more please.

#8 ·
Hi Rita,
I love the snaps. I hate velcro. When you measure the neck and chest area, do not measure too tightly. She makes these coats to your exact measurements. I always add 1/2 to the chest area. Here is my favorite coat from Royalfifi. You can see the snaps and how well it fits. I don't think she has this one anymore:(

Attachments

#12 ·
yeah Linda, cheers for us guys that shovel the snow. I don't make runways like Linda has but I shovel more **** snow on the deck just so Molly can reach the back yard to do her business. Thanks for honouring us . :whoo:

#11 ·
yep , they definitely look nice. Molly does accept hand-me-downs :biggrin1:

#14 · (Edited)
I just ordered 2 sweaters from her that arrived today. I'm really disappointed. They don't fit at all. I double-checked the measurements I sent and they are accurate. They are way too tight in the neck and almost impossible to get on, and much too short (only come to mid belly). So disappointed because I had high expectations!

Here are the photos of the 2 sweaters (i especially wanted the christmas sweater to fit her for the holiday season)

EDIT: Chantale redid the sweaters in a larger size and they are absolutely perfect. Very good service!

Attachments

#17 ·
No snow here but DH bought 10x5feet of grass sods and put them in for a private poo lawn for Nina. He and DS are putting in some tiles too for me to walk on. LOL Does that partially count? Also DS13 shovels poo daily and runs with Nina too tire her out.

#20 ·
Cute!!! I crocheted Timmy a red sweater and my neighbors laugh when he wears it. I just ordered a pattern to crochet him another one that I'll take a picture of when I'm done. I think i might order him a winter type coat though in case it get really cold, not like last winter! He does have a rain coat the I bought when Sandy rolled in.

#22 · (Edited)
Funny. I ordered that same sweater for Bella in red and it fits. Maybe I will post a picture. I'm sure she will take care of this. Please keep us posted!

EDIT: I see I posted the red sweater. I always get the tail holder. If your Hav's tail rides high, it can tend to push the sweater forward. The tail piece keeps the sweater in place.

Also, the sweaters stretch. So you might try tugging on them a little. You can undo the buttons on the neck to get it over the head. The buttons are actually functional:)

#23 ·
Linda,
do you use a harness normally and then switch to regular neck collar with the use of coats/sweaters?
I like Henry in a harness and have problems finding outwear with a hole to accommodate the harness/leash.
(your furbabies look so sweet in their outfits by the way!)

#24 ·
Thanks!

That does become a problem. Most of the time I walk my guys off leash. If they go on a leash walk, I will use a sweater with a harness over it or their lighter winter coat. The lighter winter coat fits under the harness.

Her sweaters can be made with a hole for the leash ring. She also put leash rings on her coats.

#26 ·
I am so sorry to hear the sweaters don't fit. I would contact Chantal and see if she can fix it. When I got Cassie's first sweater, it was a little snug, but still fit. I found I liked it a little bigger on her so I asked Chantal to add a bit the next time I ordered.

#27 · (Edited)
I just emailed her and she said she would send new ones. THe pink one fits (although it's really snug and I'd like it a bit longer). The other one is way too small. She said she made them based on the measurements I provided (the dogs actual measurements, i held the tape measure quite tight when I measured her). The problem is the length of the sweater is measured from the tip of the hood to the base of the sweater and I measured her from the shoulder blades to the base of the tail (it's how it was described on her website to measure it). I really wanted the christmas sweater for the holidays unfortunately. It would fit a small yorkie but not much else!

I love he tail holders on your sweaters. I assumed mine would have them but they didn't. I didn't see an option for that on the website.

Edit: got the tail holders and loops for the hind legs on the new sweaters. They work really well to keep them in place. Make sure you request them when you order! They can be removed later if you don't like them.

#28 ·
Yeah, measuring is tough. I know she double checks to make sure it is the measurements you gave her. All my sweaters have stretched out in the neck and chest areas. I actually like them to start off snug because of that. Yes, you need to measure from base of neck, wear the collar sits, to tail. The diagram is for a big dog, but little dogs are different, as they have shorter necks.

#29 · (Edited)
The diaphragm shows measuring the length from the shoulder blades to the tail, not from the neck. THe neck would make more sense and be more accurate. I don't want it too snug in the neck so that her fur gets matted, she has never been clipped and is almost a year old so her coat is getting quite warm (but doesn't seem to insulate her at all from the cold). She emailed back last night and we revised the measurements and she is sending me new sweaters (and will put a rush on them so i get them for christmas)

Edit: New sweaters were shipped really fast (the delay in getting them were from the shipping company, not from her).

#31 ·
I might have to check into her stuff. I bought two little coats for Quincy recently and they both seem to be too short. I'm going to keep them because they do cover some of his back and his chest, but I wonder if he's just long for a hav? I bought the 12" and it fits everywhere else just fine except the length. I don't want to go up to a medium because then the chest, etc. will be too big.

See how short this is?

Attachments

#32 ·
Yeah, that was my problem! So I searched until I found Chantal. This is just her side business. She has a full time job, but works endless hours! If you measure correctly, her stuff will fit perfectly. You need to measure from the BASE of the neck to the tail. When you measure the chest and neck, do not measure too tightly. Just measure it comfortably. She will make everything to the EXACT measurements you tell her. I always measure a few times to be safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.