Havanese Forum banner

Is your Hav obsessed with paper?

Is your dog obsessed with all things paper?

15K views 70 replies 45 participants last post by  Pucks104 
#1 ·
I'm just curious as to how prevalent the paper obsession in Havs really is, so I'm doing just a quick yes/no poll to see.

#37 ·
Jinx is, but Gryff isnt'. Jinx is obsessed with everything! He chews up socks, demolishes all stuffed toys, pencils, paper, shoe laces, you name it. Gryff ate a few pairs of glasses when he was a puppy, but never really chewed too much. Jinx is a puppy with a capital P.

#38 ·
There was a judge who is now deceaced who didn't allow bait in the ring. I showed SOX to him when she was a puppy. She was used to getting treats. At a point when the judge was looking at her, I pulled a tissue from my pocket and pretended to blow my nose. She won the points that day; who knows if the tissue had anything to do with it :biggrin1:

#39 ·
Obsessed is putting it mildly! Maccabee will do anything to get paper. He leaps off the ground and tries to get papers off the couch (I've told Scott not to leave papers there). Yesterday, she jumped up and grabbed one of Scott's bills off the tv/media cabinet (maybe my wonderful fiance will learn to only leave his bills in the designated mail place). When I cleaned up his litter box this morning, I saw a poop with a stringy white thing coming out of it. I thought, "Oh no, worms!" Thankfully, I was wrong. It was a piece of paper towel!

#43 ·
I was just taking my daily bath, TV in the background, and I keep hearing the distinct sound of paper ripping, wah?

I get out of the bath, and Ollie has gotten into the foil bag that I brough some 1/2 eaten fried chicken from Raley's home in.... it was just the bag, but so so funny, he tried to run off with the paper strip he had in his mouth.

#45 ·
Maccabee looked to be having a tough time pooping when I took him out this morning. He pooped a little. After I brought him inside, he pooped several times (yay, litter box). His poop was mostly paper towel bits. Yuck!

The other humans who live in this house better start doing a better job keeping paper away from Maccabee and off the floor, or I'm going to start feeding them paper!

#50 ·
Funny story...since Lucy started hospice therapy, her attraction to Kleenex has gotten my attention beyond an inconvenience and potty problem issue, it is more a training problem because older people have lots of Kleenex everywhere. We have been training consistently to leave paper alone. last night I was driving and she was in passenger seat with a paper receipt. I told her once to 'leave it' and she did but all of the sudden she whined, reached down with her teeth, picked up the receipt and tossed it off the start into the floor. Apparently she couldn't stand being that good, that close to paper. It was so funny.

#54 ·
Rosie has about quit at 3.5 years old. But along came the new kitten and it has started all over again. Jethro tears up everything he can find. He will try to tear the morning paper while I am reading it. Of course that has gotten Rosie started again. I have little bits of paper all over the house. I can't vacumn AND dh pretends not to notice. But I can't get mad at either one of them. The playing keeps them young and makes me and hubby feel the same.

Oh Rosie never bothered the pee pads, but Jethro tears them up. Luckily Rosie asks to go out but occasionly she will get up in the night to potty. So the last thing I do before turning the lights off is to put down one in her favorite place.

#55 ·
Buzzy could care less about paper (unless it has good smells on it), but Oscar LOVES tissues and toilet paper. He can't figure out how to get it off the roll yet, but I can see that he is very curious about it when we do go to the bathroom (he follows of course). I find a tissue somewhere in the house about once a day from him. If I catch him and tell him to leave it, he leaves it but will take off with a piece in his mouth. Very funny!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.