Havanese Forum banner

Fantastic Sweaters & Coats

9K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  BFrancs 
#1 ·
I recently ordered some handmade coats and sweaters from a fantastic woman who makes these items to the exact measurement your pup. You pic out the design, the colors, the type of wool or materials. VERY VERY REASONABLE!!!!
Her name is Chantal and her Company is Royalfifi
You can see her at www.royalfifi.net or contact her at info@royalfifi.net

Here are the pictures of the three sweaters and the coat that I got for Laila!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is this the place Linda buys from? Great looking stuff.

#5 ·
Yes. Linda and I and quite a few others have ordered from Chantal. Cassie has a coat on the way and a few sweaters being made right now. Chantal is great and her stuff always turns out beautiful. She will make things in different colors too. She will also add a turtleneck or sleeves or remove a turtleneck or sleeves. Laurie, the green sweater is my favorite. And the coat looks so comfy!

#6 ·
Didn't she also have better pricing for forum folk?

#8 ·
I will take pics of Laila in them once she has worn them all. She has only worn the green one so far. Attached is a picture.
She is the only one that NEEDS coats and sweaters. Since she is still so tiny, the 20-30 degree temps are way too much for her. So she sleeps in a sweater and has one one during the really cold days.
My other buys, gave sweaters that work for them, but I have been thinking about getting them something to wear out into the snow.

Attachments

#10 ·
Aren't those cute!! Yep, you all who get these cute outfits for your kids, have to show photos of them modeling! Laila looks cute in her sweater and coat! My goodness, though, she looks so tiny! :) I am so used to looking at my hunka Finn these days.

Augie doesn't seem to get cold in our climate here. Finn hasn't been through a winter yet. He gets colder than Augie and shivers in the bath, however, so we will see. Our deal is the rain, and I still haven't gotten Augie a rain jacket. He has a little leopard vest thing that I made him for when it gets in the 20s. Now I will need two rain coats.

#11 · (Edited)
Yes, she is the lady who gives you a discount if you mention Havanese Rescue. Chantal also sent a box of "goodies" for rescue to me and I forwarded to Laurie, I think they were at National.
She is wonderful to work with. You do need to measure very well, be sure your tape measure is a good one and not stretched too far out like mine. If your dog has long hair or you are worried, you might add an extra 1/2 inch or so. Believe me they come fitted to the inch...very custom.
Remember this photo of Sir Winston (my avatar with coat was made by Chantal.) She has a little resuce of her own named Mingsi Here is MINGSI's photo! She says the dogs are not well treated there, and Mingsi is fortunate Chantal found her!
Dog Hat Dog breed Carnivore Costume hat

#15 ·
Our weather here has been strange and it is warm then really cold, then warm again, so we have not had that much of a chance to wear the sweaters, although they are so pretty that I almost dont want to put them on her and have her ruin them - LOL

But once it gets a little cooler - I will post pics of her in them.

#16 ·
I LOVE seeing all the cute clothes people get for their Havs. But with a long coat, Kodi rarely needs anything, and they tend to mat his coat. So we stick to his one "puffy" coat that has a slippery lining for the few times he does need something.

#50 ·
Karen, what kind of coat does Kodi have? I think with Leo's full coat the only time he will need something is when we walk in the rain and the temperatures are cold. His coat soaks up water like a sponge and I can see him getting really chilled. I need something that will help keep most of him dry, not interfere with potty duty and that won't mat his coat too much. Any suggestions?

#20 ·
Now you cut that out Linda. I just bought the skin for my phones. I can't keep buying every gorgeous thing you guys come up with. But then again . . . How much were those sweaters? I love them.

#23 ·
Linda thanks, but I don't see a PM from you.

#26 ·
This is a great example of why you should have a custom sized sweater or coat

Because Bailey is newly naked from his shaving down today, I bought him what appeared to be a warm sweater. I do plan to get some things from Chantal but I wanted something right away, in case it gets cold. Though this is cute, it doesn't fit right by a long shot. It's too short and a little too wide cut. It will fill the immediate need, but I'm going to go the other route.

Attachments

#27 ·
I bought a patron for a coat and on it they showed just taking a toddlers sweater and putting it on backwards. I thought that was a cleaver idea for if you wanted one on a budget. The fit was not at all good but looked warm!
I love the sweaters do you use the loop around the Tail? if so is it comfortable for the dogs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.