Havanese Forum banner

New Random Babble Thread...

4K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  HavaneseSoon 
#1 ·
When you just want to announce quick thoughts, disasters and successes and not bother with a new thread...

SUCCESS!! I left Jack out of his crate while I went to the grocery. Came home and everything is okay. :whoo: We are thinking of not crating him at night. little steps...

Of course, I made sure that nothing was left out for him to chew.

#2 ·
When you just want to announce quick thoughts, disasters and successes and not bother with a new thread...

SUCCESS!! I left Jack out of his crate while I went to the grocery. Came home and everything is okay. :whoo: We are thinking of not crating him at night. little steps...

Of course, I made sure that nothing was left out for him to chew.
Yay!! 2 Snaps for you :)

#5 ·
I tried letting TIllie have free roam early in the summer. She did great, BUT she showed signifcant signs of stress (panting, pacing, etc) for hours after we got home... so I decided it would be best for her to be crated still when I am gone. :( she is happy and safe and it's what she has come to know...

#7 ·
I'm just thinking that even an airline makes you show them that a dog can stand up and turn around in a crate. Can he do that? If not you may seriously think about getting him a bigger one for all night. I'm glad he was a good boy when you were gone!

xxoox

#10 ·
We just recently left Abby and McGee loose in the house when we were going to be gone quite a few hours for a dr. appt. out of town. They did great! BTW, we did try it for shorter times first!!! My neighbor came over and let them out during that time so they got to run around in the yard for a while, too. We put in a doggie door a week ago so next time they will be able to go outside themselves when they need to. McGee runs in and out like a little trooper - Abby has to be "guided" through! We are hoping she will eventually start using it on her own!

#20 ·
:doh: Me and my big mouth. The eldest has his first high school project so I have been throwing ideas at him for Peter the Great. I thought he said he needed to do a political cartoon. He also mentioned that Peter the Great brought European fashion to Russia.

Me, being oh so clever: "You could do a Borzoi and Black Russian Terrier gawking at a French Poodle shivering in the snow."

The eldest boy child: "I don't need to do a political cartoon but..... if you want to draw it, I would use it."

sigh.... I try never to help him do his projects. You can always tell which kids had a *little* extra help. Usually we just make sure he puts things in tidy text boxes. I guess I could try.

#21 · (Edited)
I caught a stomach bug sunday night, spent most of the night on the bathroom floor, sometimes passed out, oh, but I woke up, b/c I was throwing up. ah, and yes, I have shoulder length hair, so I had to clean up. all my dogs woke up and camped out by the bathroom, sweet and confused why I'd be bathing so late at night.

Didn't go to work the next day (work at a school, they wouldn't have let me in), and Ollie, like he used to do when he was a wee pup, and I had migraines, he stayed in bed with me for 7+ hours. such a good boy.

Either that or the heat wave we're having got the best of him.

#22 ·
My munchkin got the mega-back-to-school cold. Huge amounts of snot and post-nasal drips. Monday he came home from school and said, "Mom, I don't feel so good", followed by "Mom, I missed." Oh joy...

Jack isn't as sophisticated as Ollie. He was more interested in the regurgitated hotdog all over the bathroom floor than offering comfort. Disgusting creature. :puke:

#26 ·
Nina is also allowed more run of the house time. Potty training seems to be coming along. Yeah! I am switching Nina's feed to Taste of the Wild and her stools are normal. She had constipation issues on the other feed. She doesn't mind me cleaning her eyes or combing her face that much any more. Those cow ears have turned out to be an instant cure on the people and furniture chewing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.