Havanese Forum banner

Hair growth progress

92K views 442 replies 69 participants last post by  Laurmann2000 
#1 · (Edited)
I shaved down Louis completely on May 12, 2012. His body was done with a #7 (3.2mm or 1/8"). His face was done with a #10 reverse, ears with a #10 with the grain.

I will take pictures of him weekly to track his hair growth.
Here is what we started with:

Attachments

See less See more
#223 ·
Would you mind posting the first naked picture along with the last picture? They look like different Havs! You have done such a wonderful job resisting the temptation of cutting him back again!

Which one of the grooms are the favorites by us?

#224 ·
Linda, my problem is that after the the shock of the first few weeks (I thought Louis looked cute then, but not like a Hav... more like a little terrier) every time Tokipoke has posted, I've thought he looked "the cutest"! I don't think I could decide!!!:biggrin1:

Of course, I think part of it is that Louis is just an exceptionally cute Hav, with WONDERFUL markings. I think that helps!:)

#225 ·
Week 35

I discovered a new way to band the hair! I don't know why I didn't think of it before. The hair always falls out when I band with one rubber band and he looks homeless within a few days (you can see how he looks in the third pic). I band his hair in twos like little horns. It's staying in WAY better than just one. He's been rubbing his head into the furniture and scratching and they have held up!

I included a pic where he hogs the big bed and my large poodle has to resort to a tiny cat bed.

Attachments

#235 ·
Our progress so far in over 30 weeks!
The poodle in the cat bed (and Louis on the HUGE bed!) made me LOL!!!

It's hard to believe those are both pictures of the same dog. I love Louis!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.