Havanese Forum banner

Please Share Profile Pictures

4K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  whimsy 
#1 ·
These profile pictures really surprised me. I have taken so many pictures but never any that showed off this look. Guess I usually see them ...from the top...running around...laying down...sitting up looking at me...etc. Never standing still looking away.

Please share any unusual pictures of your fur babies with us.

Attachments

See less See more
#17 · (Edited)
The Cubans say the muzzle length to length of top of skull should be 3:4. They use their fingers to measure body proportions, so if you lay 3 fingers along the top of the muzzle, four should fit across the top of the skull. Every dog in this thread so far looks to be of those proportions to me. You really have to have the hair plastered down with soap to tell exactly.

The original Standard, and most after, called for "slightly shorter", rather than stating an exact ratio. Slightly shorter has become half, in a lot of cases now, and some breeders even will state that they breed short muzzles, because that's what they prefer.

As the muzzle gets shorter, you start to lose the almond eye. Dogs with really short muzzles have round eyes.

The picture is member queryne's Leo, for no other reason than it was the first soaped puppy head picture that I found when I went looking for one.

Attachments

#26 ·
The Cubans say the muzzle length to length of top of skull should be 3:4. They use their fingers to measure body proportions, so if you lay 3 fingers along the top of the muzzle, four should fit across the top of the skull. Every dog in this thread so far looks to be of those proportions to me. You really have to have the hair plastered down with soap to tell exactly.

The original Standard, and most after, called for "slightly shorter", rather than stating an exact ratio. Slightly shorter has become half, in a lot of cases now, and some breeders even will state that they breed short muzzles, because that's what they prefer.

As the muzzle gets shorter, you start to lose the almond eye. Dogs with really short muzzles have round eyes.

The picture is member queryne's Leo, for no other reason than it was the first soaped puppy head picture that I found when I went looking for one.
Exactly as you say Tom,Nellie has a slightly shorter muzzle,and therefore rounder eyes,which does seem to make her more susceptible to tear staining,though we are on top of that.When we are out some people go head over heels for Nellie's pretty girlie looks,whilst others favour Dizzie's more masculine handsome head.Their breeder prefers the longer muzzle and almond eyes.Either way we are stopped every day by some one admiring them and asking what breed are they?!

#20 ·
great pics Stacey. Kathie I 'm hoping Santa will bring me a new camera for Christmas as mine is broken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.