Havanese Forum banner

Decisions, Decisions. leaning on choosing one of these pups

11K views 150 replies 51 participants last post by  Atticus 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought i would wait up to a year to get another dog, but I feel it might be best for me to move sooner. I contacted the Havanese breeder where I got Tucker and she has pups on the ground that are ready to go home in a few weeks. The girls are already claimed but I wanted a boy anyways. Here are some pics and a link to a video i hope will work.

The two boys are Cannon with white paws and Harley is the golden.

Cannon

Harley

Link to video of them playing.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/886/1366506.mov

See less See more
#33 ·
Man, I can't believe I had to work all day long and miss out on this great healing thread! Mike, I'm so glad you made the next step to go for getting a puppy. It really does help the hurting! At least it really did for me! Of course after so long of having a trained dog it is really eye opening getting a new puppy. I had forgotten how much work puppies were. Fortunately I had also found these great forums and learned so much more about training so I think I have done so many things better this time around..I'm so excited for you and hope you continue to share it with us!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#38 ·
If you want a *&%$ stirrer, it looks like, from the tail-pulling picture, that Cannon is the one for you. (I can hear the videos but not see them).

We got a rescue last year that everyone loves. He's a hot mess :pound: but his personality is so quirky amazing. Very different from our first.

#40 ·
I've got to say that for what you want Cannon seems to fit the bill! He seems like a typical little boy!!! I prefer mellow myself but that's just me!

We tried the waiting a year route and it wasn't easy. We promised ourselves we would wait a year to see if we could manage without a dog but I found myself counting the days when I could start looking for a puppy!!! You are doing the right thing!

#44 ·
Wow, they are cute. I only watched the last video with Cannon and I am in love!!! I am going to Disney in 10 days and I would love to give him a hug or two.

I am glad that you are getting another dog. He won't replace Tucker, but I think he will help you heal.

Good luck!!

#55 ·
I'd chose Cannon....and I bet I'd end up with a white puppy dog! HeeHee! Sometimes the only way I could get past my loss was to get a new puppy. Sometimes, I had to stay away from them until I had forgotten the pain....I think whatever you need, is what you need! Best wishes, Mike! And also....The Hawkeyes Rule!!!! Well, hopefully next year they will.....

#56 ·
I'm sure you will be happy either way and they both might be white in the end so pick personality not color! Nothing like a puppy to get you through the hard times! I'm sure Tucker has his hand, I mean paw, in this. I think it's amazing you found a pup so quickly! Yeah for you! Weird to have just "met "you and been SO sad and now SO glad for you! keep watching those videos!

#60 ·
Mike, It's so funny, Cannon looks just like a puppy I met in Atlanta a few weeks ago. His name is Rocco. He is Diane Silver's new puppy. She had just lost her dog Cosmo to Cancer over the Holidays. She got Rocco just a few weeks before Cosmo passed. She has a dog blog called " To Dog With Love". Rocco is defiantly a handful too! I think you would really enjoy reading her blog. They could also be related in some way. They have a lot of the same coloring and markings. I know she got Rocco from Premiere..Of course if you choose the other one I'm sure you will be just as happy! Lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.