Havanese Forum banner

Finally - I have a Hav!

7K views 61 replies 42 participants last post by  DePereNancy 
#1 ·
Very excited. Was able to 'rescue' a sweet little girl. I got her from a woman who trains former kennel dogs for 'real life'. She is 3 1/2 and was unable to breed so now she'll live happily in our home with our Sheltie, Benny. I've always had Shelties (26 years) but my daughter has developed a dog allergy and now that she is away at university, it is far more noticable when she comes home. Benny's companion of 11 years passed in June and I knew our Sheltie days were over so started looking for a compatable breed that was allergy friendly. Everything I read about the Havanese's temperment made me think it would be a good match for Benny and for our lifestyle. So far, so good but I'm a newbee and expect I'll be looking for lots of help.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, that's a bit of a problem...the woman caring for her has been calling her Bella - I favour Breezy. Strangly enough when I was going to see her the name Bella flashed through my mind and then when I sent her pic to my daughter the same thing happened. Neither of us knew that's what she was being called so I'm not particularly superstitious but can't help but wonder if she is meant to be Bella :)

#12 ·
Thanks everyone - I think she is absolutely gorgeous and she is a happy little thing. I think "Bella" will stick. Why tempt fate when it seems destined to be her name... Here's a shot of the two of them after just a few hours together, even after she stole his bed for the night! Off to the pet store I go....that will be fun.

Attachments

#18 ·
welcome Deb and Bella. :canada:

#36 ·
good one Rocky, but don't they need potty training too. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.