Havanese Forum banner

Zoeys first kong

804 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lise 
#1 ·
Okay so when I was with my ex he wouldn't let me give the sisters peanut butter . It seems to me lots of folks give their pups a bit of it in a kong. I had tried for two years giving them just their kibble and they didn't like it. Tonight Zoey got her first peanut butter . I hope her tummie will handle it.
Hope the picture will download. PS Zoe didn't share with maddie I had two at one time but cant find the other kong.
I have no idea why I cant upload pictures :( Any way does anyone else worrie about giving a dog peanut butter?

#2 ·
lol, I can't believe they've never had a Kong!?? Tillie gets one when I leave for work every day. I don't "fill" it with pb. I actually put 1/2 of her breakfast in it (feed her the other 1/2 first thing in the morning) and then top it with pb. it's probably less than a 1/4 tsp of it.
I have never worried about giving it to her. except it gets stuck in her beard sometimes. :D
I often times vary what I put in the Kong, but it is always something healthy. either her regular food, or some banana chunks (topped with pb), some frozen peach puree (topped with cream cheese or yogurt), dried salmon, some sweet potato puree, red bell peppers and mozzerella cheese (her FAVORITE). I don't 'stuff' it full by any means and if I have time, I prefer to freeze it so it gives her a little extra time working on getting the stuff out! :) She isn't a huge chewer, so this is actually only the 2nd Kong she's had. The first one was the little puppy one! Although she is totally due for a new one as the rubber is starting to get a little frayed...

#3 ·
Tillie is getting gourmet kongs!:)
I had tried to just put their food in it but they would never eat it. Maybe mine is too small and it is too hard for it to come out. How big is your kong? A friend said to hide paper bags full of surprises for them .I'm trying to think of things that will occupy their time while i'm gone .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.