Havanese Forum banner

Looking for a warm coat for my 13 week pup!

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  souffle 
#1 ·
Looking for a nice warm coat for my puppy and overwhelmed with the choices out there. Would be worn for short walks outside... we may get a tad snow at some point too this Winter.

Suggestions of companies you like?

Thanks!!

#3 ·
Your puppy is going to grow so a sweater is probably a better idea than a coat. get it a bit big so he'll grow into it and make sure it's a stretchy knit that is forgiving. Wait until next winter to invest in expensive fancy winter wear as he'll be able to use it for several years.

my hav is fine outside until it gets to be about -5 C and then she gets chilly after about 10 or 15 minutes. Above that and she is just fine. Puppies will be more sensitive to the cold.

#4 ·
You can get inexpensive ones at pet smart or pet co.We have a store called TJ Max and they have very nice dog coats and sweaters for a great price.I think at that age I bought size X Small or maybe S. I used a hoodie for Maddie her first winter.

#5 ·
Definitely buy on the larger size. Lola is 5months and has gone from a size xxs and she is now an xs but working her way up to a small and she is only around 5pounds! I love the ones from Petco, but they are on the expensive side. Also like someone mentioned, TJMaxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods (all the same company) are great places for all pet gear, supplies, and beds! They usually have a lot of great items/brands at a fraction of the cost. I've gotten many of Lola's things from all three stores: beds, clothes, poop bags, bowls, and toys. Your little boy is sooo cute!! Too bad him and Lola can't meet for a playdate :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.