Havanese Forum banner

You Know You Love Your Hav When ...

7K views 73 replies 37 participants last post by  FurBaby 
#1 · (Edited)
Sometimes it's the little things we do that add up to be important. See if you can give a recent example of something small ,that really shows you care. So my example to this question is... when I keep my legs to the side of the bed when sleeping so that Molly has room at the foot of the bed.

#4 ·
ahh I'm getting choked up with those two examples already.

#6 ·
i stay up later than I really should so that Charley can have some snuggle time on the big bed. At this point he doesn't sleep on the bed, but he sooooo loves our snuggle hour.
Also, I gave up garaging my car (a new car at that!) and turned my garage into an outdoor Charley playroom. I hate scraping the ice off the windshield, but it doesn't compare to the joy Charley gets everyday in his playroom running through his tunnels, jumping over the rungs of a ladder,going through other obstacles, his box of toys, litter pan, and all a little guy would want.
Hey, how much time do I have here? Should I say more...

#9 ·
:peace: Wow, turning the garage into a playroom - that is a huge thing! Do you have a photo? Would love to see that. With our wet winters, that might be a good idea! If I ever manage to get mine cleaned out! :pound: I have just found that our lives have changed just as much by bringing the Havs into our home as much as having kids. My outings are planned around making sure the boys are taken potty before I leave and not being gone so long that they may become uncomfortable.

#11 ·
When asked by friends or family what I want for Christmas, my first response has been grooming tools for my Havs.

And when going to bed.. I put them in bed, then turn out the light, if they are already settled on my side (almost always the case) then I go around to my husbands side and crawl in so I won't disturb or move them.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#13 ·
I love my boys so much, that if a butt bath is needed, I have no problem cleaning them up back there and means getting your fingers in poop. I always leave room beside me in the chair so Dexter can join me. I always tell them to be good boys when I have to leave the house. I let them act crazy when I come home. And, when you leave the last bite of your ice cream cone for them.

#14 ·
I know I love our Havs when there is no room for me to sleep in the bed - I crawl over them to get into bed at night and try and squeeze in between them and my DH. It is a challenge to find enough room to sleep in peace. But.... I love that they want to be beside us... so of course, never move them.

When Fipsy was spayed, she reacted badly and was crying and howling at the Vet's when she woke up. Both myself and my DH went and got her (because the Vet said she was disturbing the other animals - I changed vets after this) We both took the day off work and laid with her on our bed all day - it was the saddest thing I ever saw - she cried most of the day but settled down somewhat as long as we were with her.

Honestly, I would do just about anything for our Havs - Have never loved a dog as much as I love these two.

#15 ·
I know I love our Havs when there is no room for me to sleep in the bed - I crawl over them to get into bed at night and try and squeeze in between them and my DH. It is a challenge to find enough room to sleep in peace. But.... I love that they want to be beside us... so of course, never move them.

When Fipsy was spayed, she reacted badly and was crying and howling at the Vet's when she woke up. Both myself and my DH went and got her (because the Vet said she was disturbing the other animals - I changed vets after this) We both took the day off work and laid with her on our bed all day - it was the saddest thing I ever saw - she cried most of the day but settled down somewhat as long as we were with her.

Honestly, I would do just about anything for our Havs - Have never loved a dog as much as I love these two.
love it Sandi, you are a super mom and dad. Good to see you again, don't be shy.

#16 ·
Well just today I whipped off my down coat to leave him a warm spot in the car when I ran in to get a few groceries. Yes he was in a warmed car,and he did have his coat on and was in his cosy bed but you know, just in case he got a chill. Of course I'm running across the parking lot with no coat freezing! GRIN!

#17 ·
:pound:

#20 ·
When I went to buy dog food earlier this week, stopping and picking up more toys, even though they have many more than the average dog. Secondly, whatever dog (s) I take to a dog show get to sleep in my bed at the motel and not in their crates like at home. (BTW we have 2 that already sleep in bed at home and they take up as much rooom as 10 or 20 dogs.)

#21 ·
Your kids think you love the dog more than them!!! :pound: Timmy does show me more respect than they do sometimes. Now that we've had Timmy for almost a year I asked my younger daughter if she thought she would like Timmy as much as she does and she said no, "I LOVE him!" How cute is that? How can a dog do that? Oh that's right he's a Havanese.

#23 ·
Examples huh?
I also do the bed thing:) I am so uncomfortable at times!
I kiss them on their lips.....
I talk to them every time they walk by
My day and life revolves around them
Can I think of something specific? I will hike them in the freezing cold or pouring rain because they look forward to it. Even went out in hurricane Sandy!

#24 ·
Amazing stories! Had to laugh at Jodi taking off her coat in the dead of winter to keep the dog warmer! I'm laughing at myself too because I am just as nutty as all of you (although I kept my garage for the car!). I spend hours cooking his special recipe - adding all kinds of healthy supplements that I dont do for myself, squishing over in bed just like you do, waking up in the middle of the night when he has to go potty. I guess the biggest thing is that we drive to florida instead of flying so Henry won;t have to be crunched up in the box on the plane. Henry is the prince of our house for sure!

#26 ·
#27 ·
I let Tino "clean" my whole face. He meticulously licks my ears, my eyes, my nose (sometimes his tongue goes right up my nose--we call this a depth charge), and of course my lips which I squeeze shut in spite of the giggle attack that invariably comes on by this point. Buster loved to clean our faces too. I talk to Tino all the time, and I have given up my favorite spot on the couch to be on the floor with him watching tv, throwing his toys. I can't wait until be is old enough to sleep in our bed at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#29 ·
Ummmm... I kiss on the lips too! just Jasper...Cash luckily does not kiss, which is good cause he is a reformed poop eater. Oh yeah, I know I love my Hav, cause I love Cash even though he is a poop eater.

I know I love my boys because, even though I am terrified of ticks, and have found them in our bed (obviously transported from the frontline protected dogs) the boys ban from the bed only lasted 3 days.

#35 ·
Ummmm... I kiss on the lips too! just Jasper...Cash luckily does not kiss, which is good cause he is a reformed poop eater. Oh yeah, I know I love my Hav, cause I love Cash even though he is a poop eater.

I know I love my boys because, even though I am terrified of ticks, and have found them in our bed (obviously transported from the frontline protected dogs) the boys ban from the bed only lasted 3 days.
I was wondering how long that one would last, Missy!:pound:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.