Havanese Forum banner

Do you guys buy presents for the dogs?

3K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  Luciledodd 
#1 ·
I have to say I ordered millers Christmas present this morning and I can't wait until it gets here. I got him a ezy dog quick fit harness, matching collar, long line for training, a dog water bottle, and some greenies (i cut them up really small and use them for training because he really likes them.) Do you guys get your guys Christmas presents and if you do, what do you get them?

#2 ·
Of course...he normally gets some toys and treats, last year he got a new harness. We even go so far as to wrap Max's presents and put them under the tree....he gets so excited and knows they are his and then on Christmas we tell him he is allowed to open and he proceeds to go to the tree, grab a present and tear the wrapping paper off !

#3 ·
Yep, I sure do. I'll probably pick him up a toy and some treats. I try to scale back my inclination to buy for him because he doesn't care so much if there are a billion presents or only a couple.

#22 ·
Dave that is way to cute! I had so many toys before I moved to my sisters last year. Her Ausie would come down to my room and take them. The toys ended up out side and all but one or two got ruined. My xmas wish from Santa is to have as many toys as Molly does.. I thought instead of a xmas tree I want to just pile toys up in the shape of a tree for the sisters.:)

#9 ·
both Christmas and "being a good dog " presents. lol She loves her toys. She's like a little kid , when the Christmas tree goes up.

#20 ·
yeah Jen ,we went through that with our grandchildren, when they only got three presents and Molly got about seven. lol

#14 ·
Too funny, Dave - Molly holding court with all her obedient subjects! :biggrin1:

Santa's elf has been doing a good job gathering gifts for the boys here too. A new dryer found its way into the house, a couple of mats for their crates, some chew toys, and new Chuck-It balls, and a huge bottle of shampoo. They probably aren't going to be loving the shampoo or dryer so much though! :pound: :evil:

#17 ·
#16 ·
Oh, how I wish Isabelle loved toys. She won't touch them. And, forget anything that squeaks--boring. A tennis ball is a different story however--she has 8 of them. Our golden LOVES toys especially ones that sing. She takes her "ho-ho" (a santa who sings Merry Christmas) to bed with her every night. We are frequently awakened by a singing santa in the middle of the night. So, this year it is another 3 tennis balls for Isabelle but poor Olivia is out of luck. We can't find a singing toy anywhere. She will think we are scrooges.

#24 ·
"DH is Jewish and I'm Christian -- and so I celebrate ChrismaHan. I put up a Christmas tree and give Beau gifts 8 days a week (all year long)! And, of course, I'm sure he'll enjoy whatever I decide is his Christmas present! He never met a toy he didn't like.

Cap - I have a "Polly want a cracker?" parrot toy I'll be happy to send you. It is deafening when I step on it at 3AM on my way back to bed from the bathroom!! I keep moving it to Beau's toy box in the kitchen -- but somehow it keeps flying back to our bedroom!

#26 ·
Indeed! In fact, the kids say Gucci has the biggest stocking, lol. that wasn't intentional, I just had alot of stuff I wanted to put on it :D

Usually, we'll put stuff we'd buy anyways in it (like her jerky) and I've even recycled some toys from previous years that she never played with because there was too much, but I find it quite comical that she KNOWS what Christmas is in a way, she knows that she gets 'stuff' in her stocking and when we were unpacking the holiday stuff this year, she gets all happy and excited to see her stocking, and the tree...like she knows she has gifts coming.

I always say they are like perm-toddlers, and they are..

Kara

Attachments

#29 ·
Hey, today I got an unexpected Christmas bonus check, so now Benjamin will get some presents! I was't planning to buy him anything other than a few treats or something, since I'm always buying him stuff anyway. Now I can get him the Trixie Chess Game and the new larger crate I have been wanting to buy. Yay! I don't spend a whole lot on Christmas in general -- just my little rebellion about the over commercialization and all that. I make a much bigger deal of birthdays, which enables focusing on people (or puppies) one at a time on their special day. But... it is his first Christmas, after all! :)
-- Eileen

#31 ·
Eddie, here I thought we had another guy hav owner. Don't appreciate the spam. though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.