• 5 or more

Votes: 8 2.2%

How many havs...

32K views 137 replies 74 participants last post by  gelbergirl 
#1 · (Edited)
curious minds want to know ...

HOW many Havs do YOU have?

#32 ·
Thanks Tammy, this poll surprises me a little. The multiple hav owners are almost equal to the singletons. Funny how no one has four.

#33 ·
We have two Havs plus a foster Hav. We also do dog sitting for small dogs in our home, but so far have not had any other Havs here.

The left-hand photo has Blue (the foster), Buster, and Buffy.

The right-hand photo has Blue and Buffy. Blue is a small guy, and he is very affectionate.

Attachments

#37 ·
oh yeah Pat, one way or another we need someone with four. \No one has got four. lol

#39 ·
Great idea! We just got our second and it's been a lot of fun! Our older guy isn't so fond of him because the little one steals his toys and bones, but when the little one is gone (at the vet, puppy class, etc), the big one greets the little one first. Big one is 9 years old, and about 15 pounds. Little one is 6.5 months old and 9 pounds. They are too cute!

#42 ·
I agree, two is MUCH more fun, but can be more of a challenge training-wise as well.. We got Aries right as Sonic was turning a year old and we were gearing up for his Canine Good Citizen test. He had all the basics down and it turned out a second at that time really helped in fine tuning a lot of the items as well as working with a big distraction. But I can't imagine the headache of having a second while still getting training down with the first.

They now get a lot of joint refresher training around the house (as well as individual work) and there are still times where one breaks a stay early and it triggers a chain reaction in the other, so it still can be tough at times. We're still trying to get them really good at walking together on leash, right now they tangle and run in circles around me even though separately they have wonderful heels.

Anyway, I absolutely love having two!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#47 ·
We are on our second Hav--so far we are a one Hav at a time family, but with all this talk of MHS, I might succumb to the Syndrome at some point. If I did succumb, I would want to do a rescue. I do know that I will never be without one. They are the only breed for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#56 ·
Thank you Tammy, we have 13 here, though 3 of them are puppies that are looking for their forever homes and 2 are adults that are doing the same, well at least one is as the other one is moving to the UK probably by the end of next month :) so then that will leave us back to our 8

#57 ·
Great picture Heather. More please. lol

#59 ·
I have one precious female Hav who is just 10 months old - We are now considering another!! Is that crazy or what?? I have just put away all of the crates and gates and puppy pads, and my overworked mop has finally had a chance to dry out for the first time in months! But still....it is soo tempting to imagine the fun of having two Hav's!

People, you need to tell me what I'm getting myself into!!!

#62 ·
I have one precious female Hav who is just 10 months old - We are now considering another!! Is that crazy or what?? I have just put away all of the crates and gates and puppy pads, and my overworked mop has finally had a chance to dry out for the first time in months! But still....it is soo tempting to imagine the fun of having two Hav's!

People, you need to tell me what I'm getting myself into!!!
Welcome to the forum , you're not crazy if that were the case, nearly half of us would be too. Don't be shy, we love pictures.

#61 ·
wow, if I didn't know you , I would have guessed photoshop. Super, thanks Heather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.