Havanese Forum banner

Tillie's Vet Appt...

6K views 69 replies 31 participants last post by  TilliesMom 
#1 ·
Well, the day finally came. Tillie's long awaited FULL check up and re-check.
It was quite the appt and a lot of things were done and addressed.
I'll start by saying that Tillie is OFFICIALLY 'breed standard'!!! Her weight today was 10.0 lbs! Can you believe it!??? My little girl is 'all grown up'! :D

Anywhooooo, the appt started out ROUGH. I had to run home from work to get Tillie and NOT let her pee, because she needed to pee at the vets so they could catch it, right? So, I go out with her and the vet tech and the vet tech MISSES her peeing!!! sigh.:frusty: So then we walked around for another 10 minutes hoping she would go again. nope. no luck. sigh.

I had brought a list of questions and things I wanted done. She was a trooper through all of it. I can imagine she will be sore for a few days.
She was heartworm tested, got her DHPP 3 yr vaccine, had her anal glands emptied, teeth checked (he said they look great! GO home cooking!!) AND then the vet ended up feeling her bladder and deciding that she had enough pee in there to go ahead and "collect it" so he shaved her belly while the vet tech and I held her down and then stuck a needle in her belly and drew the pee out. As painful as it sounds, she was SUCH a trooper, didn't cry, barely even struggled. :( The vet did a fantastic job, one shot, filled a whole syringe. That urine will be sent to a lab for full urinalysis AND he was able to get enough to send some for culture also, to make sure that what ever has been going on is resolved and if it ISN"T that we are able to figure out what's going on in her bladder!

So, ya, that was a big part of the appt. BUT there's more ... he did a physical exam of her body and discovered pretty quick that her BACK was really messed up!!! I brought up the trembling, the pee I find in her crate in the morning sometimes and he is VERY certain it is all connected, to her BACK. Her problem is in L3,4,5. So I was like, okay... now we need to see a doggie chiropractor?? and he raises his hand. lol "HERE" sooooo, he's ALSO a doggie chiropractor!! :peace:
So he used his tools to get her back lined up and then used a special heating tool so the muscles don't spasm and then adjusted her again... when we were leaving, Tillie was smiling... :jaw:

So, time will tell if this is our answer. I'm really curious to see how her trembling is tomorrow morning as typically the morning is her worst trembling time...

Thanks for always being here for me and Tillie throughout this journey...

See less See more
#64 ·
Tillie drank from her water dish!!!!!

This seems silly, I know, but she hasn't drank water from her dish in almost 2 MONTHS!
I've been keeping her hydrated by adding a butt load of water to her meals. :D
I heard her drinking and just about threw a PARTY! lol she drank for.ever. I even had to to refill the dish!! wow!! yay! Guess I better set my alarm to let her out in the middle of the night! ha ha, oh well, it's worth it!!
So very odd that her back and what ever all was going on would cause her to stop drinking...?

#65 ·
I also haven't been reading the board for a few days, but am so happy for you and Tillie!

Yesterday, I decided to give Cass a big trim, so all the bending over really hurt my back. I went to my local massage place, and boy did that help! :biggrin1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.