Havanese Forum banner

Puppy has chewed up now 2 dog beds....

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  sandypaws 
#1 ·
Suggestions on bedding for a puppy that has now chewed apart 2 nice dog beds? Anything non destructible for a pet bed out there?

Thanks!!!

#3 ·
I agree with Tammy. Augie was a destroyer of beds as a pup too, and absolutely had to keep anything with a zipper from him. Some of the beds had removable covers. You would never know it now - he is 4 - he doesn't chew anything. I had to go to the fabric store and bought yardage of fleece, when it was 50% off, in lengths that would fold up to a nice cushy thickness. Finn would chew off the decorative sewing around the edges of fleece blankets. If you use towels, I would recommend removing any of the labels that they might be able to chew off.

#4 ·
Yup. I took all "real" beds away from Kodi until he was at least 2 years old. I used an assortment of old beach towels, and (his favorite) the fleece material that you can buy in fabric store that doesn't need to be hemmed. You just cut a big piece, fold it to fit, and you're ready to go. It washes very easily too!

#7 ·
I also vote for Fleece blankets and towels. I went to a second hand store (value village for those canadians out there) and they had a huge assortment of really nice fleece baby blankets for really cheap. I just washed them first in case (they are supposedly washed, but i don't trust them). They also have really good bath towels that i use as dog towels.

#9 ·
I'd be very surprised if Kodi couldn't have destroyed it... he destroyed MANY "indestructible" toys... he even chewed the ends off BLACK (made for pit bulls) Kongs!:frusty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.