Havanese Forum banner

Pedigree Dogs Exposed Documentary

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Laurief 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone seen this? if you haven't, it is worth watching when you have a free hour. I bet it will stir up some controversy... I just watched it and wondered what peoples thoughts were. I feel pretty numb after watching it. It's difficult to watch.

Original:

Followup:

#2 ·
yeah Linda that's a few years ago. It did cause some controversy. There is plenty wrong with the show world. I don't want to go there .

#3 ·
Yeah, I figured it would be tough for people to comment about. I just feel bad for some of the breeds, especially the ones featured. The short amount of time I showed Scudder, was enough for me. I saw a lot of stuff in just those several months. I will say one thing, I don't like seeing the dogs that are Best in show etc. You know the ones that are traveling all over the country winning after they are already Champions. I think they all called Specials? I don't think that is a life for a dog......It saddens me to see them all perfect in the ring. I know they are not having a normal life.

So Dave, I guess I went there didn't I:) But everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

As much as I LOVED showing Scudder, it stressed him out. Plus, his coat had to be perfect. Hiking a dog and showing just doesn't mix! LOL

#4 ·
Thanks for posting these Linda. I was horrified when I saw these, and feel so bad for those breeds that are being bred away from the original dog! I am so upset about the KC Spaniels and what they did to the German Sheppards hind legs is disgusting. How can a Judge think that "frog" legs is the best? HOw can they think that it is what the breed was meant to be???

and you know - I won't "go there" either :)

#7 ·
I wish they would put more importance on the health testing. It would be great if a dog couldn't be entered without proof of testing being started. I know some tests can't be done until 2 years of age. Then they need to go back over every breeds standard. If anything in the physical appearance is causing health issues, get rid of it! Dogs should not have to suffer. Simple as that. No reason why a dog shouldn't be able to breathe, walk and be completely comfortable.

#8 ·
I haven't had time to watch the videos but one reason I stopped showing was that Zoey really doesn't like all the fuss. It was hard for me to just go out and play worrying about her coat. She got three blue ribbons and that was fun but she didn't have any fun. Maybe If I had a Havanese who liked all the fuss I would feel different. I would have troubles allowing a handler to take my dog around. I guess the difference is that some dogs aren't pets their all for the show. Its would be a harder life IMO. Although I still enjoy hearing about friends who have famous havanese and good handlers Like Dreamer:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.