Havanese Forum banner

Snow storms

4K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  sandypaws 
#1 ·
Not sure but is it mainly the north east U.S . getting nailed again. If it isn't one thing it's another. Here in southern Ontario, we got close to fifteen inches too. , the most in years. I'm so stiff from shovelling I can hardly move. Anyone in Florida or California looking for a couple of Canucks to visit til spring? Stay safe, I hear Boston area really got it.

#2 ·
Yes, Dave, MA is getting whacked! Here on Cape Cod, we are expected to get less snow, ~18" or so, than inland, however we are expected to get hurricane force winds of 75 mph, as well as flooding from high tides at 10 tonight and 10 tomorrow morning. We just lost power but are fortunate to have a full house generator, especially needed as we are on well water. Ditto to the shoveling - wet, heavy snow here, in fact it's sleeting right now. Hope everyone on the East coast stays safe and warm.

#28 ·
Snow storm

Thanks, Suzi, for wishing us well. I'm happy to report that Tyler is safe and sound. The wind didn't get him, but DH had to snowblow mazes in the backyard in order for him to get around to fo his business. We've been without the internet for two days but back up now. We got about 15" or so, but the wind and the high tides did a lot of damage here on the coast and many still do not have power. Beach erosion is a big concern. Some of the dunes are so eroded that there are now very high dangerous cliffs in their places. Most of the beaches that require steps, have lost them to the sea. it's really a mess. We are fortunate to have put in a full house generator when we built our home 7 1/2 years ago and, although it's only kicked in two or three times during all those years, it's well worth it. I would have been especially worried about Tyler because of his age, if we had no heat. Hope everyone else is safe.

#10 ·
Laurie , gotta love them pics. Thanks for putting some beauty to this snow. lol

#16 · (Edited)
About 27 inches on the Connecticut shore.....my entire body aches from the cleanup. Brookie and Milo loved it. Even our doors were iced closed........we almost couldn't get out of the house.......scary! I'll try to load a picture of our beautiful marsh.

#21 ·
Oh JOyce, the marsh is just beautiful - this is how my back yard looked Saturday morning. I love the sight, and I love when the snow comes on a weekend so we dont have to stress about getting to work!!

Attachments

#27 ·
In Britain the whole country grinds to a halt if we get more than 3inches of snow!!When I was a child we could get a couple of feet of snow that would last for over a month and every one just got on with it,because people manly worked with in walking distance of their homes.Life seemed much easier then![By the way I'm not ancient!!].

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.