Havanese Forum banner

so much snow

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  The Laughing Magpie 
#1 · (Edited)
We have so much snow and it just keeps coming. We got about 30cm on thursday and another 40 today! Even my big dog is getting stuck in the drifts. They stay out until they are matted with snow balls, come in and sleep by the fire until melted and warm then they are begging to go outside again. Here are some photos from this morning.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I had a snowsuit on her with the last snow, but snowballs formed around the legs, then she'd leap and the suit would get caught and her front legs would pop out of the snowsuit. resulted in some crazy matting from the friction too (she's blowing her coat right now to make things even more fun)

#7 ·
Those are great pictures. I especially like the one with them at the door. Saint Bearnard's don't have that happen. I wounder if they have more oil. Someone should invent a spray on repellant. I had a maltise when I grew up who loved the snow too. All we could do was let it melt. You have your hand's full with snow and blowing coat.

#8 ·
Tuss, they look like very happy dogs! Thanks for the pictures!

The only thing that works well is using water and then the hair dryer.

Linda, Scudder's suit looks wonderful! Where did you get it, again, and who tailored it to fit him better? That one doesn't look like it would get his legs stuck up inside the body.

#9 ·
Such great photos. Especially loved the first one with the flying hair, and the two of them standing on the other side of the door. Cute. We only get snow here infrequently, no no suggestions. Used warm water to melt it off them when we had snow last year, and then had to dry them.

Linda, that looks like an awesome snowsuit. Fits Scudder so well. Is it open on the bottom so he can go potty?

#15 ·
great pictures

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.