Havanese Forum banner

Kodi's New Bed

2K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  krandall 
#1 ·
The bed I ordered for Kodi from Le Purple Puppy Boutique arrived today. It's adorable, and for those who were wondering whether an 18" round bed was big enough... Kodi is 16.5 lbs, and a BIG Hav. He fits with no problem! In fact, he LOVES it!!! The minute I put it down, he jumped in and curled up.

It's adorable and beautifully made! Now we have two "car beds" so one can be in the wash and we still have another one to use!

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Kodi wouldn't mind at all! He thinks ALL his friends should have a nice bed like this to snuggle in!:) We just got back from agility class, and he's back in it again!

#13 ·
I don't know who the dog is, but the daughter of the business owner is Julie Vogel, a Havanese owner/breeder/handler, so I would guess this is one of her pups. The bed that dog is in is one of her "Pea Pod" style, though. That looked too tight to me for Kodi!

#16 ·
lucky guy. He's looks happy.

#20 ·
Same with Kodi. We gave up and put his "nice, airy" wire crate away. He MUCH prefers his little plastic travel crates. People are surprised he even fits in them, but he actually, typically sleeps in a ball, at the very back. You can hardly see him in there!

#22 ·
That is an awesome bed Karen!

I just got my dogs huge dog beds form BJs at $15 a piece. (The beds are HUGE, You can probably fit 3 Havs in one bed!)

#23 ·
That's a lot cheaper than this one, Zuri, ($35 plus shipping) but I've bought some cheap beds, and they haven't held up well. Also, a big bed wouldn't work, because I mostly use them as car seats. In the house, he USUALLY sleeps in his one of his crates with the door open... or he did until this came into the house yesterday.:pound: Then whole idea is that I wanted a second one, so I could have one in the wash, and still have a seat for him in the car. Now I may need to get another one, just because he likes it so much in the house!

#26 ·
It's adorable and beautifully made! Now we have two "car beds" so one can be in the wash and we still have another one to use!
It's so cute! And of course Kodi looks adorable in it :). Does it work on belts with shoulder straps or just lap belts? It looks like it would be a lot more comfortable for car trips than the current seat I'm using and I need something for Raider.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

#27 ·
The bed doesn't get belted in at all... It's just a regular donut bed. I just use them so that Kodi has a comfy place to snuggle down! But he could just as easily sit directly on the car seat. The seatbelt (combined shoulder and lap belt) go through a slot on the back of his vest harness and buckle in. So that he is securely fastened, and sitting on/in his bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.