Havanese Forum banner

Hair growth progress

92K views 442 replies 69 participants last post by  Laurmann2000 
#1 · (Edited)
I shaved down Louis completely on May 12, 2012. His body was done with a #7 (3.2mm or 1/8"). His face was done with a #10 reverse, ears with a #10 with the grain.

I will take pictures of him weekly to track his hair growth.
Here is what we started with:

Attachments

See less See more
#176 ·
Week 29

I trimmed Louis's feet today and got him cleaned up for Christmas photos! I have noticed that I have to hold the force dryer nozzle a little further away than before, otherwise it will cause whiplash and tangle the hair.

Attachments

#184 ·
They had this shimmery glittery spray at petco the other day. Haven't really tried it yet ( they said I could return it if it didn't work out ). I had thought about using it for her santa pic but I know from experience that glitter can get everywhere and stay everywhere.

#187 ·
Almost forgot again!! Luckily Louis is so cute he reminds me all of the time to take his picture!
He's really loooking like a Hav again. In the beginning, he reminded me of a really cute, long backed, JRT!:biggrin1:

#189 ·
I agree he is sooooo cute....thanks so much for sharing! I look forward to his pictures.

did he act differently when his hair was shaved? Never cut our havanese that short but shaved an Akita (years and years ago) and he was just traumatized.
Thanks again....Estelle and the Bella sisters

#194 ·
I use Chris Christensen products on Louis. I first use the White on White shampoo, make sure to really scrub the feet and mouth. The I use Spectrum 10 Shampoo, and Spectrum 10 conditioner. They are made for drop coats. Any tearless shampoo will be good for the face. I use SouthBark's Blueberry Facial. I force dry his hair, and use a stand dryer on his head. I spritz Ice on Ice as I brush. The combo of products makes his hair SUPER soft. My husband can't get enough of Louis's hair after a bath. He can't stop petting him!

I've thought about sending my dogs to a groomer even though I'm a groomer, but I am scared to do it because I'm scared they will cut their hair. I imagine Louis coming back with his beard trimmed, topknot trimmed, eyelashes cut off, pointy feet, and baboon butt.... no thanks!

Thanks for everyone's comments! I really want to make it to Year 1! I saw a maltese when we got the Santa photos taken that had looooong hair. I asked the owner how long it took to grow and she said 3 years!! My goal is to get him in full coat... so maybe this thread will go on for another year lol

#195 ·
I have been using CC Spectrum 10 also recently and LOOOOVE it! seriously. LOVE it.
I asked for a full size bottle of the conditioner for Christmas! lol I only have the trial size and I'm almost out!
I am doing a 'trial' right now of sorts too! I haven't fully combed Tillie out in 2 days (I still clean up her face). She had a bath a week ago... I'm just curious how long she can go between combings. I have ALWAYS fully combed her out everyday... with this CC combo I am finding that she can easily go longer, the question is HOW much longer? lol
p.s. she is FUULLLLLY past blowing coat, otherwise I would NEVER even consider going more than a day without combing her out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.