Havanese Forum banner

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Moca 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Erika. I'm new to the site, and wanted to say hi. Just got my first Havanese about 8 months ago; her name is Moca. I grew up with dogs, but she's the first I've owned on my own - so, I thought it would be a good idea to find people familiar with the breed who I could learn from, as well as, share with. I just received the paperwork to get her registered with the AKC and UKC. I've been killing myself trying to come up with a name that suits her in a creative way. It's really become quite the obsession. I'm ready to just jot down anything and send it back so I can stop thinking about it. Anywho, hello!

#5 ·
Welcome Erika and Moka! I remember agonizing over the AKC name too and four years later, I wish I hadn't put so much thought in to it and went simple Don't overthink it too much :)

Would love to see some more pics of your Moka.

#7 ·
Welcome to the group. You'll find a lot of camaraderie and help here. If you want to play the name game, we'll be happy to play it with you.

#8 ·
Welcome, but don't take names from Geri. lol

#9 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I'll put up more pics once I'm able to get some more good ones, and once I've figured out how to navigate the site better. I think I've settled on a name: Sweet Moca's chocolate cha-cha. Sweet cuz she's sweet. Chocolate cuz she's dark. Cha-cha cuz the theme amongst her ancestors names seems to be cuban dances. Also, I like the alliteration. :)

#10 ·
Sounds good. Cute name. The easiest way to attach photos is to go to "post reply" rather than "quick reply." If you click on the paperclip, it brings up a window enabling you to upload photos. If you need help, just holler.

#15 ·
Thanks for the info on uploading pics, pjewel. If it doesn't work right, it's only because I'm a little slow. Her eyes aren't really blue like the first pic would suggest - it's just the way the light is hitting them. The second pic is of her in her first sweater, taken after I adamantly insisted to my vet that I would never be the type to dress my dog. :)

Attachments

#20 ·
Sooo cute! Love the sweater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.