Havanese Forum banner

Colour Changing

5K views 53 replies 22 participants last post by  shimpli 
#1 ·
Well after seeing how much Tammy's Tillie changed in colour I am keen to see some before and after pictures of your Havs where they have changed in colour. I said in another post that I can already see that Doug's colouring is changing. Amazing how it happens right before your eyes!

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#20 ·
Kodi is as black as ever too. He does have the Belton gene, meaning he has developed some black stripes in his areas, but he's still a mostly white dog with a black head!:)

#21 ·
Thanks. He is red brindle. I am very surprised at how much color he is keeping. I love it.
He's really beautiful! It's unusual to see them stay that red in American lines. Do you know what his bloodlines are? Does he carry a lot of European blood?

#13 ·
I'm not sure a picture would do it justice, but Beau is beginning to get white hairs mixing in with his black -- just in the middle of his back -- from his neck to his tail. If they fill in, he will end up with a 2-inch white stripe down the middle of his back -- and he'll look like a skunk!! I'm sort of prepared for a color change, but I don't want small children to run from him, adults to cringe, and someone to shoot him after dark, thinking he's a skunk!
Hmm . . . if it does come in that way, I may have to consider Clairol!!:):):)

This post has been deleted
#18 ·
Woow! I read over and over again that the colors change...but nothing has prepared me for some these drastic changes...they are all super cute !!! Well, our puppy which is black and white for now is starting to show some silver around his eyes (at 5 weeks), breeder said he might silver like his dad...well I'm now prepared for any surprises!

#19 ·
I love this thread... I was just mentioning to my husband how much lighter Aries has gotten. Sonic has mostly kept his black coloring and markings, except for when he gets cut, his face turns somewhat grey then, but as it grows out it gets black again..

I'll have to post some pictures of my two when I get to the computer tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#29 ·
I know that Janet wouldn't have given you anything but the PERFECT pup for you family! ... That you got a red one is just good luck on top!:)

#31 · (Edited)
#34 ·
I've really enjoyed this thread too so thought I'd add Dooley's. He's the typical lightening from dark sable ears and dark tan spots but still has a gorgeous shade of apricot which shows better in person. Probably won't change much more since he'll be 12yo in April. Roxie was white and cream as a pup and is still white and cream at age 9 so not much changed there, except maybe her ears are more white than cream now. Hope the pics show up, never did this before.
Monica, Dooley & Roxie

Oops, they didn't come out in order...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.