Havanese Forum banner

Oscar is in surgery right now!

4K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  Becky Chittenden 
#1 ·
OK, so I think I need to find a new vet. He is getting neutered, microchipped, and his cherry eye fixed today. They are keeping him overnight (which I hate) and the total vet bill when I pick him up tomorrow? $800!!!:jaw: I almost just fell over when my husband told me. I am trying to stay calm, but they are charging $400 for the neutering and microchip and $400 for his eye (even though he is already under anesthesia). I know that they are good vets, and everything else I have gone there for has been reasonable, but this is crazy! And to top it all off, I am freaking out because he isn't even coming home tonight :(

#28 ·
He got the cone off yesterday and his eye is still a littly yucky (medical term there) so he has to get eye drops 2x a say still. He graduated from puppy class last night and will go on to behavior training with Buzzy in December. The only bad thing is the trauma from the surgery and being away from us has caused him to regress in his potty training :( We have him tethered to us in a leash now, in the crate, or in the pen. This time around he doesn't care and will go to the bathroom anywhere- even if he was just outside. The vet said it's normal and he will come back around in a few weeks. Good thing we had the hardwood floors put in the family room 2 weeks ago!

#29 ·
My vet charged around 400-50 neuter a female dog. All he stitches were inside and she ddn'twear a cone aad they didn't shave her lg for he IV cause I asked them not to. They put it down in her groin area. A male would have been a $100 or so less. I paid right at $300 for neutering the new kitten, but that included a $100 worth of tests to make sure he didt have any bad diseases, then they did all his vacs. Actually the neutering was almost exactly like they do calves, exthain put in stitches inside so they didn't have to be taken out. Vets are having a hard time now. People are not having their dogs and cats vac or treated for broken bones and other expensive things. They are having them put down. My Ve used to have a packed waiting room, now I never wait and a couple of others have gone out of business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.