Havanese Forum banner

My #12 buttercomb is here!

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Ewokpup 
#1 ·
It came, along with the wooden handle. I tried it out for a tiny bit tonight, didn't seem to hit any matts, although she had a brushing session with the Andis comb and a pin brush.

Will this comb suffice, or is there another comb I should consider?

#7 ·
Pin Brush

Thanks!
I think I saw a pin brush on their website on sale.

Maybe it's my imagination, but Bama was very soft and fluffy this morning...maybe the comb, maybe the intensive brushing session.
The pin brush I was speaking of has wooden bristles! and a black handle

I love them too. The three dogs also love the boar's bristle brush I purchased for myself....and didn't use.
It is not a dog brush, but is for people

#4 ·
It came, along with the wooden handle. I tried it out for a tiny bit tonight, didn't seem to hit any matts, although she had a brushing session with the Andis comb and a pin brush.

Will this comb suffice, or is there another comb I should consider?
I haven't seen the one with a wooden handle. I keep wanting to buy a CC buttercomb but still haven't.

#10 ·
Gonna get that next I think. What's confusing is that some sites don't list the actual numbers.

I got the #12 from amazon/cherrybrook, but next time I might go thru cherrybrook directly since they don't have amazon prime shipping as an option.

Although maybe a pin brush is more ideal at this point. With Bama only being half hav I'm not sure if she is gonna blow coat or not. But I do know her coat is like a swiffer mop the way it picks up dust, and it really shows up against the black fur.

#9 ·
I LOVE my CC combs and brushes. I have three combs, but sadly end up losing one or two every so often, and I have two of the wood pin brushes, one for my grooming bag, and one for my bedroom, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that brush. I does a good job (when there are no mats) and it is very comfortable for the pups so they dont fight a grooming too much.

#12 ·
I own these two Chris Christensen grooming combs:

#005 Buttercomb 7 1/2" Long Tooth Fine/Coarse
#006 Buttercomb 5" Extra Fine/Fine - Face & Feet

I purchased these combs right after I had to shave Emmie down because she was blowing coat and developed horrible mats. Ever since then grooming has been going so much better for both of us. - Jeanne

#14 ·
Last night Bama was settled enough to get a more thorough brushing than usual. We were watching Lawrence of Arabia and I had the comb out on and off throughout the movie. Cheerios are also a good motivator for her.

I do need to do her face today. Yesterday while unpacking I found her ear wipes. Still looking for the eye ones.

#15 ·
So her brush and comb came today! She gave the brush a few licks after I got it out of the package. I got the yellow one. My husband commented that she is going to be the most groomed. I said that its better than mats and shaving.

I was able to get some grooming time in this afternoon...she seemed to not mind it too much. I had 'Too Cute' playing on the TV for distraction. Afterwards she looked more smooth and shiny, yet fluffy at the same time. No more spikey look for her.

#16 ·
Wood Pin Brush

:lalala::lalala:
So her brush and comb came today! She gave the brush a few licks after I got it out of the package. I got the yellow one. My husband commented that she is going to be the most groomed. I said that its better than mats and shaving.

I was able to get some grooming time in this afternoon...she seemed to not mind it too much. I had 'Too Cute' playing on the TV for distraction. Afterwards she looked more smooth and shiny, yet fluffy at the same time. No more spikey look for her.
Yes !! The wood pins are great, Not sure i understand why, but really is my favorite one! :lalala:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.