Havanese Forum banner

Himalayan Chew...

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  dodrop82 
#1 ·
Okay, so with everything that's been going on with Tillie I decided to splurge and buy her a Himalayan chew, FINALLY!! if you are on the facebook Havanese forum, go check out the video. ha ha. poor pathetic little girl!!

I gave it to her about an hour ago. SHe has NOT chewed or licked it at all.
She seems to love it though. It's hilarious. She is dancing around it, has hidden it in about 6 different spots and then will sit and 'gaurd' it while whining softly. It' almost enough for me to think about taking it away from her... almost.
What the heck is going on?? It's like she doesn't know what to DO with it... very odd. it sure is keeping her busy though! :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Aww...such a sweet little girl! I bought one for Whimsy this past summer and she never touched it. Sniffed it and walked away and was never interested in it. It became a dust collector just laying around being ignored.! LOL I'll have to go over to facebook and see the video.

#4 ·
it's made of Yak's milk and is SUPER hard ... I crated her so I could go pick up the kids and grocery shop, came home, let her out and she went STRAIGHT to the chew and has been GNAWING hard on it ever since! lol
although, NOW I am nervous that she's going to break a tooth on it! :frusty:

Attachments

#5 ·
I got a 3-pack of Himalayan chews for Brody when I saw my pet store had them. I was so excited...he LOVES cheese and I had no doubt he'd be all over this. I gave it to him and then he wouldn't lick or chew on it at all. He would dance around it and growl and bark at it and play with it, but nothing else. And since it didn't squeak and was too heavy to carry around and I sure wasn't going to throw it for him, he lost interest. I ended up giving 2 of them away and still have one around here somewhere.

Silly dog...I kept telling him it was almost $30 for the package of 3 and he better eat it...but he didn't listen. I even tried shaving some off to entice him to chew on it...he happily ate what I shaved off, but still refused to chew on it! I think he's lazy. ha ha He'll eat the small round disc ones that are about the size of a nickel though, but those are mixed with something else (brown rice if I remember correctly).

#8 ·
:pound: I was thinking someone was going to inherit it earlier today... not anymore! :pound: I got the large dog size... and within an hour and a 1/2 she actually ate down about a 1/4 of it!! insane!! She finally walked away from it, so I put it in the freezer... :D

#9 ·
I got the girls a pack of them...they ate a couple down to nubbin's that I had to microwave to puff up. Then the third one, they barely chewed. I microwaved it to get them to finish it. The last two, I gave to my son to give to his Boxers...never heard if they like them....

#12 ·
Zoey finally figured out a chew bone that she has had for years. Her breeder sent her home with it. Maddie wont touch them. But other eatable treats Maddie will hide them. The other night she hid one in my laundry basket. She guarded it all night long slept in the basket.:pound: Zoey finds her treats and eats them. I want to try a antler because the natures pet guy said that would be safe to leave them alone with.

#15 ·
If I "hide" something where Tucker is watching and knows where it is, but can't get to, he sits by the area, grunting and staring, going to it over and over all day. The things he REALLY loves, (stuffed toys,) I have to take while he's not watching, go into a room which always has the door shut, open the closet and tuck the item away, close the closet, leave the room, close the bedroom door--and THEN he doesn't seem to be obsessed with it. Ha! I'm sure Tucker has bloodhound in him somewhere!

#16 ·
LOL! My son told me one time, that dogs are much smarter then humans. They understand our language, but we don't understand their language. And we humans suppress their evolution, by removing their dew claws, which would become opposable thumbs if we'd just leave them alone. He's such a funny boy....but I do think of that statement often, and wonder if he might be on to something! HEEHEEHEE!

#17 ·
And Sheri, I have to go the exact same thing, otherwise the girls, and Yogi in particular will cry and obsess relentlessly. I buy the girls a new toy every couple weeks, as they love their toys soooo much. When the toy box overflows, we need to put some away to make room for more...it's getting a little bit rediculous actually. We have two bagsful hidden currently, and need to tuck away some more. It all has to be done very sneakily!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.