Havanese Forum banner

Snow balls!

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Laurief 
#1 ·
We got some snow last night. I took the dogs out for a walk and the wet snow caused the worst snow balls I've ever seen! The only way Gemma could walk was a fast "rabbit hop". I had to carry Gemma home in the end because she was too tired and couldn't walk with all the snow balls! Here is some video and photos of the dogs!

Attachments

See less See more
3 1
#4 ·
cute videos, BTW what is your name?

#6 ·
Sheri, I can see the videos. That is the kind of snowballs my guys get when it snows here because the snow is usually wet when it happens - with temps hovering around 30 degrees. It just bogs them down finally, to the point where they plop down and can't move. Only way I have found to get them off is to put them in their tub and melt them off with lukewarm water. So glad we only get that around once a year - would hate to have to deal with that on a daily basis. But they do have fun in it for awhile.

Cute videos.

#8 ·
not sure why you can't see them. The dogs have been out in the snow all day. They come in when they are snowballed so bad they can't walk, they rest by the fire until it's melted, then they beg to go back outside again. They can't get enough of it! My big girl likes to roll and even has snowballs on her face and ears! It's that heavy wet snow that's perfect for snowmen.

#14 ·
My guys get like that - but I had Royal Fifi make 4 legged sweaters for my guys this year. They did stop the really big snow balls under the legs, which was a big help! Our fireplace is the best thing - they sit in the family room, getting the furniture and carpet soaked, but their joy, out in that snow, is worth it! :)

So glad your guys enjoy the snow as much as mine do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.