Havanese Forum banner

2K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  davetgabby 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Rosie had stopped with all the toys until the first cat came along, then after her, DH found another in the woods behind our house. He has really turned Rosie back into a puppy again. Toys are all around the house again and toilet paper (grr). Jethro is full grown now and still plays all day with Rosie until they fall asleep together. I don't bother to pick them up--too much bending over. I just push then aside so I wo't trip on them.

#7 ·
From a tidiness standpoint, that would probably be better. But Kodi has so much FUN digging around in the toy box and pulling out just the right one. I wouldn't want to deprive him.:biggrin1:

Honestly, at 3 1/2, he does most of his toy-pulling-out during a short period in the early evening. Typically, we've gone for a long walk and/or a training session earlier in the day, and then he naps for a long time. He has his big buzz around - play period just after "Daddy" gets home. So it's not like he's strewing things about all day. (though he did as a puppy) He does usually bring one chew item (typically a moose antler, but occasionally a bone) into my office to keep himself busy while I work.

#6 ·
And we have a toy box because ...? I surely don't know why. I put them away at night. Next morning she takes them out and spreads them all over the kitchen floor. Do they all do this or are there tidy Havs?
The only "tidy" one I know of is Cicero, and that's because his Humom taught him to put toys away on cue!:biggrin1:

This post has been deleted
#27 ·
Sorry, Karen. I know you are mom to Kodi. Sometimes I need to finish my first coffee of the day BEFORE I post. (It was a case of mistaken identidog.) And yes, Kodi has quite enough on his plate without having to pick up his toys. He's a VERY busy (and smart) boy.
Besides, he just fits right in with the rest of my "boys". I've been working on my husband for 33 years and my sons for 20 and 22 years respectively, and they STILL seem to think I'm the "maid service". (I think they just have a MUCH higher tolerance for clutter than I do!!!) So maybe I just gave up with Kodi!:pound:

#9 ·
Sooo . . . the toys aren't supposed to "live" on the floor? With my bad back, there's no way I could keep up with picking them up every day!! I "clean up" for the cleaning service right before they come -- or when I'm expecting company!!! Otherwise, I use the shuffle-step method of getting around so I don't trip over toys, balls, chewies, etc.

#14 ·
Brody can't stand to have his toys put away. As fast as I can put them away, he's dragging them all out again because I've apparently messed up his system! On a related note, I got him the hide a squirrel toy for Christmas and he can't stand to have the squirrels in the stump either...they must be freed!

#16 ·
:pound:

I've never dared buy one of these for Kodi... as cute as they are. He is just SO rough on his stuffed toys that I'm sure it would be a very expensive "disposable"!

#15 ·
Yes, Tammy! I have a grabber nearby at all times!! When I do get around to picking up Beau's toys, it's the only way they'd get off the floor. And, every time he gets hold of a napkin, tissue, newspaper bag, grocery store bag, toilet paper roll, etc, etc, etc -- it's an absolute necessity!! I had my 1st back fusion at age 25 (36 years and 5 surgeries ago!!!). Grabbers are a must!

#20 ·
okay, awesome! I have 2 in the house, 1 in the garage and 1 at work! :pound:
I had my first (and LAST if I can help it!) back surgery when I was 26, "celebrating" the 10 yr anniversary of my surgery this summer! My son was 17 months old, darkest time of my life, a nerve was damaged and I will live with pain and numbness forever... but, so thankful we all survived! :D

#17 ·
When Finn came to live, all the cloth or stuffed toys had to be put up, even the Skineez. He destroys them in a matter of minutes, takes out the squeakers, eats ears and other parts off. We have a lot of Chuck It balls around - usually they are all under the couch. I have watched him - he will go fetch one and drop it by the couch and shove it under. We have some other barbell shaped rubbery toys that he hasn't been able to destroy. But our toy basket is pretty limited right now. And the little sherpa discs, but I have to watch closely with those or he chews them up - but they are one of the favorite toys. Tennis balls is one they love but the fighting gets nasty over those - went way beyond play fighting - so they got put up.

#24 ·
Remember when you bought the sisters the squeaker round toys? Any way I just bought six more and have gone threw at least six since you gave them to us. That is Maddie's favorite toy. Balls cause fights and Zoey chews up things too!. I found a booth at the Portland Dog show yesterday that sells the squeaker and I'm going to try to make some out of leather in hopes Zoey wont chew it up.
I love all the descriptions on everyone"s dog toys. We had a great collection in tell I moved to my sisters. Mine would play with their toys but the two cousins dogies took them and they ended up mowed over by the lawn mower.:frusty:

#22 ·
I have a toyaholic. Molly loves her toys, that's why we've bought so many. When we're done with playing with one ,or she pulls one out of the box on her own, she automatically puts it back in the box. It's her default habit. She knows close to twenty by name. I know most of you have seen this pic before but for those who Hav not. lol This is only half of them.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.