Havanese Forum banner

Finally - I have a Hav!

7K views 61 replies 42 participants last post by  DePereNancy 
#1 ·
Very excited. Was able to 'rescue' a sweet little girl. I got her from a woman who trains former kennel dogs for 'real life'. She is 3 1/2 and was unable to breed so now she'll live happily in our home with our Sheltie, Benny. I've always had Shelties (26 years) but my daughter has developed a dog allergy and now that she is away at university, it is far more noticable when she comes home. Benny's companion of 11 years passed in June and I knew our Sheltie days were over so started looking for a compatable breed that was allergy friendly. Everything I read about the Havanese's temperment made me think it would be a good match for Benny and for our lifestyle. So far, so good but I'm a newbee and expect I'll be looking for lots of help.

Attachments

See less See more
#62 ·
What an absolute DOLL! Our experiences are somewhat parallel. Our last dog was a 3-year old rescued Sheltie who had been a kennel dog. We loved him and he lived a good, long life.

Then one day I met a Hav walking on the beach with her person and was enchanted! I rushed home and got on my computer to learn about this amazing breed.

Two months ago (and two years later) we finally got our Havanese, a retired breeding dog named Ruff. It was love at first sight. My husband, who had to be convinced to get him, declared Ruff to be the PERFECT dog after the first week. I don't think it will be real long until we start looking for a second Havanese....that's how much we adore him.

What joy and love Ruff has brought into our lives! I am so excited for you, just by looking at Bella's sweet face, I'm sure she will do the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.