What do you feed - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
Milo805

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Milo eat Blue Buffalo Wilderness, Blue Buffalo Freedom, and Wellness Core, these are all grain-free kibbles. He get a piece of 5~6oz medium rare steak along with his kibble everyday, and fully cooked boneless/skinless chicken thigh once or twice a week. He would get small piece of cheese as a treat once or twice a week, and he love to chew/graze on grass whenever he go potty outside.

Usually his stool is solid and firm
Milo805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
narci
Rocky, Oreo's daddy

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Oreo eats Acana Ranchlands. (Same company as Orijen but with less protein)

All meat ingrediants are free run and source from Canada.

They sell trail sized bags that cost about $3.00 CDN so you can try before you buy.

Tisol in Vancouver also allows you to return dog food. If you buy a large bag and your dog doesn't like it, you can return it (as long as he hasn't eaten like half the bag)

Last edited by narci; 04-18-2012 at 04:49 PM.
narci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #13
sprorchid
Jacqueline

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
Innova adult for all my dogs, big and small.

they all prefer ppl food though.
sprorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo805 View Post
Milo eat Blue Buffalo Wilderness, Blue Buffalo Freedom, and Wellness Core, these are all grain-free kibbles. He get a piece of 5~6oz medium rare steak along with his kibble everyday, and fully cooked boneless/skinless chicken thigh once or twice a week. He would get small piece of cheese as a treat once or twice a week, and he love to chew/graze on grass whenever he go potty outside.

Usually his stool is solid and firm

I don't want to 'judge' and we all do what we think it best, but having 5-6 oz of steak a DAY seems very excessive to me... that it more than my hav would eat TOTAL all day!! just a thought...
Old 04-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #15
tokipoke

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Louis is eating Nature's Variety raw patties. So far he's eaten Beef, Chicken, and Bison.

No problems with the chicken protein. He loves all food and will eat anything if I let him. When I trim him down (especially hair on the muzzle), I will be switching him to prey model raw where it excludes veggies and fruits. I'm planning on giving him a raw chicken neck as his first piece of real meat. I know he'll love it cause he goes nuts smelling and watching Leroy eat his meal.

His poops are firm except when he eats something new like a new bully stick, dried tendon, or dried beef trachea. The soft poop lasts a day and after that he's used to the treat and his poops are great.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #16
Carefulove

Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Both of mine get:

Mornings: Chicken or Duck Necks (about 1-2 necks each, depending on size)
Every other morning, they each get a boiled egg together with the neck.

Afternoons: Oma's Pride Raw Chicken, Turkey or Beef Mix with Parsley mixed in.
- Every other day I add to the afternoon meal: A pinch of Probiotics that the breeder gave me (Digestive Enhancer - available from Nature's Pharmacy).
- O'Paws Fundamental Vitality Supplement (from Oma’s Pride)

Once a week I add a little bit of Olive Oil to their food, can also be fish oil, or flax seed oil.

At night, they each get a treat or two of Freezer Dried: Turkey or duck Hearts, Turkey Livers, Chunky Chicken Breast or Sweet Potatoes.

I don’t give them any table food.

Peluito's King Bumi (Bumi)

Across the Rainbow Bridge - Starborn Mi Pequeño Tesoro (Toby) - Miss you my sweet boy.
Carefulove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
Milo805

Quote:
Originally Posted by TilliesMom View Post
I don't want to 'judge' and we all do what we think it best, but having 5-6 oz of steak a DAY seems very excessive to me... that it more than my hav would eat TOTAL all day!! just a thought...

nahh.....a piece of meat contain only 18~25% protein, majority of it is just water and muscle tissues, its insignificant compare to processed dog food (ie: chicken/beef meal), ounce for ounce it's nothing in comparison to kibbles. He love his meat, and only eat 1/5~1/4 cup of high quality kibble everyday so his diet is fine. Milo is very active and he get to exercise, play, and run at the soccer field for about 2hr everyday, he is not a couch potatoes, and his weight is perfectly normal as my Vet put it.

Last edited by Milo805; 04-19-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Milo805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #18
kawboy

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Ours get Wellness core. We tried Taste of the Wild but it didn't agree with Tasha. She started pooping more and had bad eye stain. Back to Wellness and all is good.
kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
rlewis

Kobe is 11 months, he eats Science Diet and has never had any problems. He has gotten bites of other food from grandkids and has never had any trouble with any of it. I think he has an iron stomach.
rlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
Becky Chittenden

Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mine eat Pro Plan Toy breed Adult formula. They are in good weight, plenty of energy, have good "poop". I tried TOTW. It was fine but bigger poop (makes me believe they didn't digest as much as Pro Plan) and their staining was worse. For treats, about anything, but raw, only because I wouldn't eat raw meat.