Our new puppy! - Page 4 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #31
sandypaws

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
Wow, that's all mind boggling, but you sure have had enough practice. What about Jefe? Is he in your breeding future? Sorry for all the questions, Tom. Maybe we should have done this all through PMs u less others are interested.

Mary and Tyler (miss you, Bailey - 1996-2011)
sandypaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #32
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom King View Post
You could set a clock by her. Every morning since the time changed, she wakes up, and asks politely to get up, at 7:22. We put her in a big expen in the room next to our bedroom when she wakes up. Then I get dressed and let the rest of the dogs out. She can see where I'm getting dressed. The past two mornings she barked while I was getting dressed. This morning she just watched wagging her tail until Pam picked her up to take her in the house. As is typical, she loves knowing what the routine is. She jumps into her crate when it's time for bed now and waits quietly for us to get ready and get in bed.

The only little difference in hers and Kodi's coloring is that she is a Black and Tan. She has the little tan eyebrows, but they are tiny, and you have to almost look for them.
Oh, I love eyebrows!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #33
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
I just figured the COI for a breeding between Brio and Nike-5 generations back, and the results are 14.453.... It's recommended generally to stay below 15% so we were very pleased with being just less, since we know all the dogs on the pedigree(most personally, but some through their owners) and they are all healthy or have lived long lives. Earliest death for one was 15, some 16, and 17.

Brio and Willow would be a very similar COI, but probably a little less-without figuring it yet. We are a long ways away from planning Willow's future, but are getting closer to plans for Nike.
I was hoping Nike would be a "workin' girl" for a while!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #34
Carefulove

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
I just figured the COI for a breeding between Brio and Nike-5 generations back, and the results are 14.453.... It's recommended generally to stay below 15% so we were very pleased with being just less, since we know all the dogs on the pedigree(most personally, but some through their owners) and they are all healthy or have lived long lives. Earliest death for one was 15, some 16, and 17.

Brio and Willow would be a very similar COI, but probably a little less-without figuring it yet. We are a long ways away from planning Willow's future, but are getting closer to plans for Nike.
Brio and Nike will probably produce beautiful Pups!
I figure they are too young (even Brio), since he has to pass all his health testing first.

I told the boys yesterday about you keeping a new Pup and they looked at me and asked at the same time..."Are WE getting another Puppy from Tom?"

Peluito's King Bumi (Bumi)

Across the Rainbow Bridge - Starborn Mi Pequeņo Tesoro (Toby) - Miss you my sweet boy.

Peluito's Phoenix King (Nix)
Carefulove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
gertchie

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau's mom View Post
Uh, Tom, why does it sound like you are getting dressed outside?
Thats funny....I was wondering the same thing!!! Pam sounds like such a nice lady but why does she make you get dressed outside?
gertchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #36
gertchie

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
I lay my clothes out so I can get dressed quickly in the morning to let all the dogs out of their crates in the dogroom. It's all inside, but where I dress is in view of the room beside our bedroom where there is a big puppy expen. It's just habit from when we have a litter of puppies out there. I can distract them while I'm dressing, so Pam can clean the boxes up without them jumping all in the mess in the litter boxes. It can be a mad scramble here in the mornings sometimes. Since all the other puppies have left, it's much more simple, and not in such a big hurry.
Sorry, I feel like an idiot...didnt read through to the end. You always seem to do everything right with your pups
gertchie is offline   Reply With Quote