JetBlue nightmare - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
JetBlue nightmare
Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
SOPHIES-MOM

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
JetBlue nightmare

Sophie and I were supposed to fly to California today to see my daughter who is having a baby. Got to the airport,RDU, very early.I thought I was so prepared. I have a large SturdiBag, which was suggested by many.The agent looked at it and said, no,it's too big. She got out her measuring tape and said it's 2 inches too long and too high. Of course I pointed out that it collapses down, and she said she didn't care, they have strict standards.So I asked to see a superior. She said the same thing, no way could I get on the plane.
They tried to sell me theirs, which wouldn't fit a large rat.Sophie weighs 10 pounds and we tried to squish her in it, but she was way too big.It was a nightmare. So now my daughter is in labor, I'm back home leaving tomorrow without Sophie and paying a fortune to get there last minute.
Murphy's Law?
I thought about buying a carrier from another airline.A Delta agent even took their carrier over to Jet Blue, and they said it was too big too.He said they are crazy. Very upsetting.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Diann

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your nightmare. Too bad you couldn't have just flown on Delta.
Many blessings on your trip tomorrow. Once you see that baby, today's nightmare will melt away.
Diann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
shimpli
Teresita

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Wow I am so sorry. I have used that same bag 3 times ( not with Jetblue) without any problem. Each airline has their own rules... and some of them are not pet friendly at all. Have a safe trip and enjoy the baby.

Teresita
Ache and Yunque's mom
shimpli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Nominates shimpli Great Photo:
The Laughing Magpie (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
jemmax

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sharon

What a nightmare for you - I find it is always hit and miss when flying with Max how well things go/don't go - sometimes the people working for the airlines can't do enough to help and other times it is like dealing with a brick wall...

Good luck !

Jemma and Max
jemmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
whimsy
Evelyn

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 20 Times in 18 Posts
Oh No!!! how upsetting that must have been for you!!
Enjoy your new grandchild!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
The Laughing Magpie

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 13 Times in 13 Posts
I have to say I have traveled a lot with my dogs but RDU has been a problem...for many things!!! Jet Blue has been fine, Delta, etc. Except at RDU. I have been stopped and questioned about why I did not take my film out of my camera...I said it's digital...only after I was with a senior TSA was I aloud to proceed with my "professional digital camera" the lenses made the agent think it was a "film" camera. I was stopped and searched when I had a small purse with expense jewelery, agent thought drugs...again superviser had to come clear it up. Also this year when I picked up my granddaughter and they let me go to the gate...I had a poop bag in my pocket...the powder on the bag caused the sensors to detect possible gun/bomb residue...the PSA agent was worried when I said "poop bag" it might have poop! ooh!!! Again the supervisor...it was one of those small bags you stuff in your pocket and forget. Sometimes it's not the airline but the ignorance of the people working. I live here in NC, I have no choice but I would rather fly EL AL at least I know what to expect! They don't fly out of here.

At LAX I had a agent insist my dog walk by it's self through the sensor without a collar or leash and me way back behind a line. Oh course the dog took off!! Did get back to me. Once you get to hold your grandchild it will all be worth it!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:01 AM   #7
Kathie

Photo Submissions 11 Times in 11 Posts
What is RDU? Raleigh? Oh dear, what a horrible predicament. Did you try crying? Haha. I would have been in tears myself! I agree with everyone, though. When you see that baby you will forget everything else! We need pictures!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
SOPHIES-MOM

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Baby Beau was born last night. I wouldn't have made it in time for his birth anyway,and I will be there tonight. This is the price you pay for living 3000 miles away from your child.
His sister is 18 months and I haven't seen her since she was 9 months old, so I'm very excited, even though I wish Sophie could be there.
I will say Sophie was great through the whole ordeal. especially when they were trying to stuff her into a shoebox sized carrier.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
JazzFest13

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Oh no! Horror stories from the Raleigh airport, gaah! I'm flying in and out of Raleigh next weekend with Desilu. Guess I'll know to be prepared.
JazzFest13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
Pixiesmom

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
That stinks!!