Water bowl dumping puppy? - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
Luciledodd

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rosie will warn us first by barking at the bowl, then if we don't come running, she turns it over. She will not drink out of the bowl if the cat has or if the water is not fresh. I have changed to a smaller one and that helps. Also has a wide base so she can't just tip it over. She brings her food bowl to us also if it is empty.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
My water bowls are raised up in a holder. I have a wood holder and metal holder. Better for their necks and they can't spill them. My guys drink a ton so I don't use a water bottle. They tend to gulp water after a long hike.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
misstray

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Brody has stainless steel bowls in a holder. They aren't particularly heavy and he could flip them easily if he had a mind to, but he's only done it once and I'm not even sure it was on purpose. His signal when his water bowl is empty is to go lay down in front of the fridge (I keep his water jug in there). I'm like, "seriously, THAT is your signal?" It took me a while to figure out why he was laying down in the kitchen because it was unusual for him to do that.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
- Josh Billings
misstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #14
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Nina only dumps the water bowl when I put water in it. She might leap up some water as soon as I put it down and the next move is grab and dump. We now have half a day behind us with the new ceramic bowl. So far so good. She did check it out the new ceramic bowl this morning and checked the edges as if to see if she could dump it. At least that is what it looked like to me. It might just have been that she noticed it was different.
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #15
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
Just in case she dumps that one, here is what I have. I don't think she could dump these!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (120.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #16
sprorchid
Jacqueline

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
This thread made me smile. reminded me of my first dog, that I got at 5 months old, an anatolian female, Makena. she had a big (8 qt) stainless water bowl. but every evening, when I'd come home from work, most of the water would be gone. my BFF at the time and roomie spied the pup one morning after I left for work, and she was splashing all the water out, just a fun thing she liked to do. My current pack of three don't do that, thank goodness.

It's hysterical to hear about that dog that won't drink out of the water bowl if the cat did, too funny!
sprorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #17
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
lol, this is turning into a fun thread!!

Tillie gladly shares her water with 3 cats, never complains and is a moderate drinker. IF the bowl is empty when she is thirst she just licks and licks and licks... that's my clue to FILL up the bowl MOM! lol
Old 10-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #18
lise

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
Ted used to knock out all the water with his paws when he was little. I think he was just cooling himself off because it was so hot. Now he just drinks out of it. Although I dont often miss refilling it, when I have you can hear his dog tag hitting the bottom of the bowl as he laps up the non-existent water!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #19
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
I am happy to share that the heavy ceramic bowl did the trick for now. No more spilled water. Thank you for your help!
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #20
jonesdavid01

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
As pet lovers, we all know that our dog needs proper nutrition and health care. We feed him the best food we can find and make sure he gets the exercise and water he needs. But when it comes to your dogs drinking water, I recommend you to use pet water fountain.

You should avoid plastic bowls unless you know with absolute certainty that they are PVC & BPA free. Get a nice glass, ceramic, or (better yet) stainless steel bowl for your dogs water.

I hope my recommendation will help you a lot.
jonesdavid01 is offline   Reply With Quote