New here...Half-a-Pom (havanese/Pomeranian) - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #21
Pipersmom
Julie

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
Welcome! Bama is a cutie

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton
Pipersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #22
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokpup View Post
You are right about pinpointing breeds. But the place did seem pretty sure about the Havanese-Pom mix. Perhaps they knew more about her past than they would say. But when you fall in love in that moment with a little ball of fluff, all that seems to matter is bringing her/him into your heart and home.
Of course when you rescue a pup, it makes absolutely no difference what the breed(s) are... it's just important that you and the pup "click"... and it certainly sounds like the two of you have. She's cute as a button!

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #23
Momo means Peach

Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to the forum! Bama is adorable and we need more pictures.

Momo means Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #24
Ewokpup

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo means Peach View Post
Welcome to the forum! Bama is adorable and we need more pictures.
I will have to hop on a computer soon to put more pics up.
Ewokpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
Ewokpup

Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Of course when you rescue a pup, it makes absolutely no difference what the breed(s) are... it's just important that you and the pup "click"... and it certainly sounds like the two of you have. She's cute as a button!
Indeed. And we definitely clicked. ;-)

I think the reason the place was so sure of her breed (and projected height and weight) is that she may have been a mill or BYB dog originally (or a 'surprise litter' between two known breed parents). She took right to her crate the first night and used piddle pads right away with no problem. Which from what I read isn't typical for mill dogs. We wonder if she was given up because of her health issues. We literally had to put food in her mouth because she wouldn't eat. She was 1.8 pounds and a week after we had her she still was 1.8. Or that maybe she had been rescued from a mill that got shut down.

Whatever her past, she is 5.2 now. We used to could eat pizza right next to her and she wouldn't be interested, but now we have to put her up so we can eat in peace. And no, we don't give her people food.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #26
Ewokpup

Btw does anyone here post pictures from an iPad or iPhone? Is there a secret to get it to work? Or do I just need to do it from my computer?
Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #27
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
We used to could eat pizza right next to her and she wouldn't be interested, but now we have to put her up so we can eat in peace. And no, we don't give her people food.
The same here with Nina. I can't even cook now without her barking up a storm. We just ignore her barking but it might be really anoying when people come over. I hope over time she will calm down.
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
lise

Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna6 View Post
The same here with Nina. I can't even cook now without her barking up a storm. We just ignore her barking but it might be really anoying when people come over. I hope over time she will calm down.
What I learned from my trainer is to ignore the bad behaviour and reward the good. When she is quiet, tell her what a good girl she is and give her a treat. When she barks ignore. She's smart, she will figure it out.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #29
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Indeed. And we definitely clicked. ;-)

I think the reason the place was so sure of her breed (and projected height and weight) is that she may have been a mill or BYB dog originally (or a 'surprise litter' between two known breed parents). She took right to her crate the first night and used piddle pads right away with no problem. Which from what I read isn't typical for mill dogs. We wonder if she was given up because of her health issues. We literally had to put food in her mouth because she wouldn't eat. She was 1.8 pounds and a week after we had her she still was 1.8. Or that maybe she had been rescued from a mill that got shut down.

Whatever her past, she is 5.2 now. We used to could eat pizza right next to her and she wouldn't be interested, but now we have to put her up so we can eat in peace. And no, we don't give her people food.
Ha! I sounds like she definitely knows she landed in the right place! I'm glad you found each other!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #30
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Btw does anyone here post pictures from an iPad or iPhone? Is there a secret to get it to work? Or do I just need to do it from my computer?
I haven't figured out a way to do it... which is a pain, since I like to check the forum in the evening, when I'm in bed. I have to remember, and post photos the next day from the computer!

Tags
colors, fur, mix, pomeranian, puppy