Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Evelyn, too funny!

mckennasedona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #82
atsilvers27

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
That pic is so funny! I found myself looking back and forth between the two pics to take it in.
atsilvers27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #83
atsilvers27

Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
I think informative discussion is good but there is always potential to go south.

Personally I started out as a Democrat but switched to Republican, though I'm mor, e to the center. Not too excited about Romney as a politician but he was a decent governor (I am from Massachusetts) and he was much better than the mess of a governor they have now, Deval Patrick. I went to church in the same building as Romney, though his political views have been all over the place he is not the boogeyman the other side makes him out to be.

I want this part of my comment to be about the media and not really go down the religion topic, but earlier in the campaign, since I do follow the news, I really loathed how the media tried to cast Romney in an unsavory light by labeling my religion as a cult and not part of Christianity, using outright false information. There is really more that we have in common than not, and even though I am young I find no point in fixating on the minutia (sp?). I can get along very well with a gay person or someone that doesn't have a religion. I have learned tolerance and respect from my church, and I can only hope that is reciprocated to me. I am glad the media has realized that calling Mormonism a cult never caught traction because it isn't true and that people rejected placing a religious test for the office of the presidency.
atsilvers27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #84
Kathie

Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Tammy, Roseanne Barr for president? Now, that IS scary.........haha
krandall (11-10-2012)
Old 11-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #85
TilliesMom

Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
lol ... ya, better than the other choices though!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #86
evolcire

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Funny, on my facebook page politics ran rabid. People unfriending each other one after another.
evolcire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #87
emichel

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 5 Times in 5 Posts
Atsilvers27, my objection to Romney had nothing to do with his religion, it was his policies and also that he flip-flopped so many times it was difficult to trust what he said after a while. I agree with you that some people made unfair comments about Romney because of his Mormonism. On the other hand, some people never got over castigating Obama for being a Muslim, even though he is not! Imagine if someone was actually a Muslim, how much grief they would have to take! Too many people equate all Muslims with being radical jihadists, or all Mormons as being like the FLDS with many wives, even today. There is a lot of ignorance out there about religion (and other things, of course) to be sure. I'm waiting for a gay athiest president now, ha ha ha. Really, I'm just glad it's all over!

BTW, Tammy -- Roseann Barr is a very liberal progressive person, so I suppose you should be glad she didn't win. :-)
-- Eileen
emichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #88
mellowbo
My Dogs Mom

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 13 Times in 11 Posts
Missy, Kara, my ulcer is getting stirred up just reading these posts, LOLOLOLOL! Thank God the election is over so I don't have to comment. ROFLMAO, eyes twitching and all..........xxoox

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
mellowbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #89
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
LOL, see, I define a flip flopped as one who runs against individual health care mandates in an election, then after, signs a bill into law that fines those who don't buy health insurance. I define a flip flopped as one who promises to hold all health care debates in front of c-Span cameras, then conducts all hearings behind closed doors, away from cameras and won't even let the other side view ppt he bill before voting for it . . .saying "we have to vote for it before we can see what's in it".

I define a flip flopper as one who campaigns on a promise to close Gitmo, then promptly flip flops once he's in office and realizes what a moronic idea THAT was.

And flip flopping on gay marriage not withstanding . . .one of the biggest flip flops in modern day history was his claim that it was downright unpatriotic that W added to the National debt by $4 Trillion dollars in his eight years as President . . .then proceeded to add $6 MORE Trillion dollars in four.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1kuTG...?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q

I've only now been able to discuss this past election without my head spinning, but it is what it is. Come what may (and it won't be pretty), at least we have our furry friends to keep us company as we brace for the next four years. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #90
ClaireVoyant
Mom to Isabella & Raider

Submit Photo: 16
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Silly iPad doesn't like the term "flip flopper" much

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

ClaireVoyant is offline   Reply With Quote