Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Grooming

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Thanks to Sandy Paws...Puppy Cut Pictures
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Izzy-bella

Submit Photo: 25
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks to Sandy Paws...Puppy Cut Pictures

A special thank you to Mary (Sandy Paws) for sharing pictures of her wonderful Tyler. Have been reading all the posts of the good and bad grooming experiences so decided to go with pictures and detailed instructions, which Mary kindly emailed to me.

I had been doing it myself for quite a while but decided that we needed a professional. Well here are some pictures (sorry could not decided so am posting way to many)....think she did a pretty good job for doing two of them in just three hours, it takes me three hours to do just one.
I had to even some of it out a bit and will tell her to leave their legs a little fuller next time....just minor little tweeks.

So thanks again to all for sharing YOUR pictures and experiences...I know it helped in maybe avoiding a disaster.

I really do like the little messier (is that a word?) look...but just love seeing those beautiful eyes. Guess you can't have both....I pick their eyes!

Estelle and the Bella Sisters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg haircut 005.JPG (51.2 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg haircut 008.JPG (98.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg haircut 013.JPG (128.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg haircut 017.JPG (106.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg haircut 023.JPG (91.1 KB, 25 views)
Izzy-bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
waybrook

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
What a great job the groomer did! Your furkids are absolutely beautiful!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
OMG! They look great. Hope you don't mind I will print these out for me!!! I am taking my dogs to a gal in about a month. I normally groom them myself, but she agreed to give me lessons! They look wonderful!
Hamilton's Dad (01-04-2013)
Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
sandypaws

Submit Photo: 6
Photo Submissions 15 Times in 15 Posts
The Bella sisters look great, Estelle. Did your groomer just use Tyler's pictures and the instructions my groomer gave or did she have to call my groomer with questions? I think she did a very good job and the legs don't look bad. Glad I was able to help you out and my groomer was thrilled with the compliments. If you need anything more, just holler.

Mary and Tyler (miss you, Bailey - 1996-2011)
sandypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
Izzy-bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
The Bella sisters look great, Estelle. Did your groomer just use Tyler's pictures and the instructions my groomer gave or did she have to call my groomer with questions? I think she did a very good job and the legs don't look bad. Glad I was able to help you out and my groomer was thrilled with the compliments. If you need anything more, just holler.
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

She did use your pictures and I called her and she said she understood the instructions....not sure she followed them exactly but I know they must have helped. Still wished I lived near your groomer...she does an exceptional job.
I guess when you live in the woods in Northern Maine, and have to travel two hours to find a groomer, I am lucky to have the one in Canada! It was a pretty drive anyway.
Thanks again...Estelle
Old 11-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Izzy-bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfung5 View Post
OMG! They look great. Hope you don't mind I will print these out for me!!! I am taking my dogs to a gal in about a month. I normally groom them myself, but she agreed to give me lessons! They look wonderful!
Thanks...I certainly don't mind at all. Mary (Sandy Paws...see her dog avatar) is the gal that sent me pictures via email and instructions from her groomer. I just love the way her pup is cut...and you should see the other pictures she sent me. My gal did not do as good a job but I am happy that it wasn't a disaster. I would be happy to send you the pictures and instructions she sent me...that is if she wouldn't mind. Let me know and I will try to find the email and pictures!
Estelle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg haircut 019.JPG (123.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
sandypaws

I don't mind at all. If you can't find the email and pictures, I'm sure I still have the info from my groomer and, of course, I have all the pictures if anyone else is interested. Boy, these little faces are adorable. Love the eyes.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
Yes! I would love the pictures and instructions. I already printed these pictures, but more would help Whoever wants to email me the pics and instructions, please just let me know. I will PM u my email address! Thanks
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
atsilvers27

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 12 Times in 12 Posts
It's hard to tell exactly from photos vs what you see in person, but the grooms look beautiful, I'm not sure what you are taking an issue with. Don't forget, dogs are moving targets and the entire body, so all angles of the dog not just limited to a more uniform area like someone's hair. Also, your dogs probably have a different texture and so cuts differently and the overall look will be different. Every groomer has a different style and skill set, so unfortunately for everyone, if you like how a certain groomer grooms, you're just going to have to take your dog to him/her.
atsilvers27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
sandypaws

Linda, I found all the info I sent to Estelle from my groomer and can forward to you along with pictures of Tyler. You can PM me with your email, but I think I can get it through your user name. I will send everything tomorrow as I have to do it from my desktop rather than my iPad.