Looking for Breeder in Atlanta Area - Page 2 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > BREEDER INFORMATION > BREEDERS

BREEDERS Breeders can show the health testing they do, the set up their dogs live in and all important information relating to being a breeder. DO NOT ADVERTISE PUPPIES HERE!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
snadella

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Windym300!! that information was really helpful information. I just ched her website and I will contact her soon. Although we would love to have a puppy home as soon as possible, we have a family wedding that we will be attending early January in Texas. I would hate to leave a new puppy to go attend the wedding, so we are planning for late January early Feb. But I will get in touch with her and see if she has any upcoming litters.

Sunita
snadella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snadella View Post
I guess you got lucky!!! Have you heard of Windyhill Havanese or Noble World ? Both are in Georgia. I want to find someone close by so that I can meet the parents at least one time before we decide to choose that particular breeder...
Do you mean Noble Gold? We have a forum member with one of their dogs, and she is lovely. (and a talented agility dog)

I'd stay away (F.A.R) away from Noah's Li'l Ark. Beau's mom got lucky, but they cut a lot of corners.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Thanks Windym300!! that information was really helpful information. I just ched her website and I will contact her soon. Although we would love to have a puppy home as soon as possible, we have a family wedding that we will be attending early January in Texas. I would hate to leave a new puppy to go attend the wedding, so we are planning for late January early Feb. But I will get in touch with her and see if she has any upcoming litters.

Sunita
You might want to look a little further afield too. Many of us have travelled to find the right puppy, or waited a long time for the right breeder to have the right puppy. (or some of each!) I flew from Boston to NC for Kodi, and would do it again in a heartbeat. (When and if I get another puppy, it will be from the Kings) There are good breeders here in NE too, but none that I felt comfortable with who were going to have puppies in the time frame that I wanted. I wanted to get the pup at the beginning of the summer, since I don't work during the summer, and it would give me the time to get a good start on training.

I know there are several good breeders in NC, including Starborn, (I don't think Starborn is planning another litter until the spring) and I don't think that would be TOO far to travel for you, would it?

Old 11-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
windym300
Wendy

Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post
Do you mean Noble Gold? We have a forum member with one of their dogs, and she is lovely. (and a talented agility dog)

I'd stay away (F.A.R) away from Noah's Li'l Ark. Beau's mom got lucky, but they cut a lot of corners.
No, I said Nirvana Havanese.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
windym300
Wendy

Photo Submissions 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:

Sunita
Yes, email her so you can get a dialog going. Most of the people in the Havanese show community don't have many litters a year. Also, if I had to go to wedding and wanted a puppy and that was only thing stopping me I know my breeder would totally love and offer to watch it while I went..lol.. Too bad my breeder is 4hrs from Atl..lol.. Lots of them are great friends including my breeder and Nirvana so they will give honest recommendations if they don't have what you are looking for and they know who does. Let me know if you need anymore info and good luck!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
waybrook

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
There are a number of good breeders in the Alabama area also. Susan Hinz comes to mind. She is Hinz & Co and has a website - I believe she is in Cullman so that would not be a terrible distance for you....for the right puppy.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #17
snadella

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krandall View Post

Yes..I meant Noble Gold....Noble world was my kids Montessori school...
I was in auto typing mode

I'm trying to contact more than one breeder and meet their dogs and let them see my family and see if they think we are making the right choice...

Thank you all for recommendations on NC and AL breeder, no they are not very far...I will check their websites.

I work full time but my husband works from home (at least for now) and I do have a full time nanny who loves dogs and is home at least 5-6 hrs a day...she has 2 of her own dogs and will be more than happy to dog sit if needed.

Sunita
snadella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #18
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by windym300 View Post
No, I said Nirvana Havanese.
I was responding to the OP, who wrote:

"Have you heard of Windyhill Havanese or Noble World ? Both are in Georgia."

Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Quote:
Yes..I meant Noble Gold....Noble world was my kids Montessori school...
I was in auto typing mode

I'm trying to contact more than one breeder and meet their dogs and let them see my family and see if they think we are making the right choice...

Thank you all for recommendations on NC and AL breeder, no they are not very far...I will check their websites.

I work full time but my husband works from home (at least for now) and I do have a full time nanny who loves dogs and is home at least 5-6 hrs a day...she has 2 of her own dogs and will be more than happy to dog sit if needed.

Sunita
Ha! Montessori is good too. Both my kids did Montessori.

It sounds like you are set up very well for giving a puppy all the love and attention s/he'll need!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
Becky Chittenden

Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
Connie is great, Carol Croop recently moved to Atlanta, her husband's job. She is the new president of the Southern Magnolia Havanese Club. I do know of a couple people who do have puppies if you want to pm me.