Gearing up for the cold! - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #21
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
That's crazy. Every sweater I ordered fits like a glove. If you email Chantal, she will make you new ones. She is very good about that.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
lfung5
LINDA

Funny. I ordered that same sweater for Bella in red and it fits. Maybe I will post a picture. I'm sure she will take care of this. Please keep us posted!

EDIT: I see I posted the red sweater. I always get the tail holder. If your Hav's tail rides high, it can tend to push the sweater forward. The tail piece keeps the sweater in place.

Also, the sweaters stretch. So you might try tugging on them a little. You can undo the buttons on the neck to get it over the head. The buttons are actually functional

Last edited by lfung5; 11-15-2012 at 04:23 PM.
lfung5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #23
gelbergirl
Henry's Humon Kordelia

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Submissions 9 Times in 9 Posts
Linda,
do you use a harness normally and then switch to regular neck collar with the use of coats/sweaters?
I like Henry in a harness and have problems finding outwear with a hole to accommodate the harness/leash.
(your furbabies look so sweet in their outfits by the way!)
gelbergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
lfung5
LINDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelbergirl View Post
Linda,
do you use a harness normally and then switch to regular neck collar with the use of coats/sweaters?
I like Henry in a harness and have problems finding outwear with a hole to accommodate the harness/leash.

Thanks!

That does become a problem. Most of the time I walk my guys off leash. If they go on a leash walk, I will use a sweater with a harness over it or their lighter winter coat. The lighter winter coat fits under the harness.

Her sweaters can be made with a hole for the leash ring. She also put leash rings on her coats.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #25
Anna6

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelbergirl View Post
Linda,
Nina only wears a harness. We pull the leash out over the neck area. Ideally it would be nice to make something like a button hole so the leash can be clipped in and that way it would not pull on the neck area.
Anna6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #26
Brady's mom
Karen

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 16 Times in 9 Posts
I am so sorry to hear the sweaters don't fit. I would contact Chantal and see if she can fix it. When I got Cassie's first sweater, it was a little snug, but still fit. I found I liked it a little bigger on her so I asked Chantal to add a bit the next time I ordered.

**Karen, Mom to Brady, Dugan and Cassie
Brady's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #27
Tuss

Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
I just emailed her and she said she would send new ones. THe pink one fits (although it's really snug and I'd like it a bit longer). The other one is way too small. She said she made them based on the measurements I provided (the dogs actual measurements, i held the tape measure quite tight when I measured her). The problem is the length of the sweater is measured from the tip of the hood to the base of the sweater and I measured her from the shoulder blades to the base of the tail (it's how it was described on her website to measure it). I really wanted the christmas sweater for the holidays unfortunately. It would fit a small yorkie but not much else!

I love he tail holders on your sweaters. I assumed mine would have them but they didn't. I didn't see an option for that on the website.

Edit: got the tail holders and loops for the hind legs on the new sweaters. They work really well to keep them in place. Make sure you request them when you order! They can be removed later if you don't like them.

Last edited by Tuss; 12-14-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Tuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
lfung5
LINDA

Yeah, measuring is tough. I know she double checks to make sure it is the measurements you gave her. All my sweaters have stretched out in the neck and chest areas. I actually like them to start off snug because of that. Yes, you need to measure from base of neck, wear the collar sits, to tail. The diagram is for a big dog, but little dogs are different, as they have shorter necks.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #29
Tuss

Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfung5 View Post
Yeah, measuring is tough. I know she double checks to make sure it is the measurements you gave her. All my sweaters have stretched out in the neck and chest areas. I actually like them to start off snug because of that. Yes, you need to measure from base of neck, wear the collar sits, to tail. The diagram is for a big dog, but little dogs are different, as they have shorter necks.
The diaphragm shows measuring the length from the shoulder blades to the tail, not from the neck. THe neck would make more sense and be more accurate. I don't want it too snug in the neck so that her fur gets matted, she has never been clipped and is almost a year old so her coat is getting quite warm (but doesn't seem to insulate her at all from the cold). She emailed back last night and we revised the measurements and she is sending me new sweaters (and will put a rush on them so i get them for christmas)

Edit: New sweaters were shipped really fast (the delay in getting them were from the shipping company, not from her).

Last edited by Tuss; 12-14-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Tuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #30
lfung5
LINDA

That's great. She is so easy! She just donated 20 dog sweaters to my friends rescue group.

I actually just ordered 3 of the BRUNO in all different colors. I got that sweater a couple months ago and it is my favorite!