Bobby's in the ER! - Page 4 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Health Issues and Questions

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #31
Momo means Peach

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
It sounds like he's on his way to healing. Yay!

Momo means Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #32
TilliesMom

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 35 Times in 35 Posts
oh my goodness, so scary!! praying he can come home soon!!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #33
The Laughing Magpie

Submit Photo: 4
Photo Submissions 13 Times in 13 Posts
Great news! Yay! Our pups can get in to so much trouble forging, sometimes you never know what it is, it is common for liver levels to rise with toxins, they usually go to the liver for cleaning. I know this has been scary for you, it could happen to any of us, I am glad your DH's quick action got your pup to the vet in a timely manner. Bet you can wait to pick him up!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #34
Missy

Submit Photo: 27
Photo Submissions 46 Times in 33 Posts
Oh Blue, I too am keeping you and Bobby in my thoughts. I won't add to the scary ideas you found on-line and it sounds like the vets are doing their jobs (both to help and keep you sufficiently petrified) But I did want to share with you, that Cash was seriously ill at just one year old too... and he just turned 6!!!! So know that this can turn out well for Bobby! But I know there is a special fear and sadness when they get so sick, so all of a sudden, and so young, in their prime. Hang in there! and please keep us posted!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #35
Blue_Persuasion

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laughing Magpie View Post
Great news! Yay! Our pups can get in to so much trouble forging, sometimes you never know what it is, it is common for liver levels to rise with toxins, they usually go to the liver for cleaning. I know this has been scary for you, it could happen to any of us, I am glad your DH's quick action got your pup to the vet in a timely manner. Bet you can wait to pick him up!
I'm very happy as well. I tend to be more reactionary than he is, so when he called me and told he he was taking Bob to the ER, I FREAKED. This is the same man who was poo-poohing the Maltese, who was having trouble breathing one night at 1:00 am, saying he would get through it. The dog has congestive heart failure, and I knew something was very wrong. So, for him to do this, I was VERY alarmed -- but glad that he didn't take our local vet's offer to bring him in to them in the morning because they couldn't accommodate us at 5:00 yesterday.

Blue_Persuasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #36
Blue_Persuasion

Photo Submissions 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Oh Blue, I too am keeping you and Bobby in my thoughts. I won't add to the scary ideas you found on-line and it sounds like the vets are doing their jobs (both to help and keep you sufficiently petrified) But I did want to share with you, that Cash was seriously ill at just one year old too... and he just turned 6!!!! So know that this can turn out well for Bobby! But I know there is a special fear and sadness when they get so sick, so all of a sudden, and so young, in their prime. Hang in there! and please keep us posted!
Exactly, Missy. I mean, the doctor comes in with a list of tests over a page long that she thinks they need to run, tossing out these scenarios of what could cause what she's seeing, and all I can think is, "Omg, is my baby going to die??" That's why I asked if I should be scared. She said I should be very concerned as it was serious. Which, honestly, was no surprise as they wanted to keep him for 24 to 36 hours. That's always serious. Then again, I didn't need them to become petrified because we're talking about a HIGHLY energetic and playful dog that had collapsed in my yard, lethargic. That's enough to make you lose your mind.

Blue_Persuasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #37
Carefulove

Photo Submissions 8 Times in 8 Posts
Sorry I am late hearing about this Blue, but I am glad that Bobby is on his way to recovery and you have such a great Vet Team to help you!
Keep us posted, I am sending positive and get well Vibes Bobby's way!

Peluito's King Bumi (Bumi)

Across the Rainbow Bridge - Starborn Mi Pequeño Tesoro (Toby) - Miss you my sweet boy.
Carefulove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #38
The Fussy Puppy Gang
Pepper's mom

Photo Submissions 6 Times in 5 Posts
What a scary thing to happen! Thank heaven it sounds like he's getting better. My fingers are crossed that, whatever the cause, the doc gets it fixed and your little guy is home safe and well again soon.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #39
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
Oh My Goodness! I saw this title and went straight for the end first and I see that things are looking better for Bobby. How frightening. I can't imagine the night you must have had. This sounds very similar to something that happened to Finn's sister who lives in another town. Perfectly fine, and just a short time later down with vomiting and diarrhea and had to be hospitalized. I don't think the cause was ever determined. But because of the lab tests, they questioned whether it was something that was thrown over their wall to their back yard. So glad that Bobby is improving and sending wishes for full recovery. Such a worry.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #40
Kathie

Photo Submissions 10 Times in 10 Posts
Glad to hear that bobby is doing better this morning. I know you can't wait to have him back home!