Grooming gone wrong - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Grooming

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
Carefulove

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 7 Times in 7 Posts
I am sorry this happened!

That is the reason I have never taken my boys to the groomer. I actually gave Bumi a puppy cut recently, Well only the body, I didn't touch his head or tail.

Peluito's King Bumi (Bumi)

Across the Rainbow Bridge - Starborn Mi Pequeño Tesoro (Toby) - Miss you my sweet boy.
Carefulove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #22
hheitman

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
OMG As a mom of 2 Havanese and a professional groomer by trade i fill so bad for your poor little guy. He does look so sad. This groomer should never be able to touch another Havanese.
hheitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #23
Buzzys Mom

Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone. When my stepdaughter saw him (age 9), she screamed and cried and wouldn't look at him until the next day! It reminded me of when my dad shaved his mustache off when I was a kid. We are getting used to it, but we all still hate it (including him). Plus- he is COLD without his hair (we live in CT).
Buzzys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
motherslittlehelper
Linda

Photo Submissions 22 Times in 21 Posts
Oh, Buzzy does look sad. Guess it will be a winter of sweaters? Poor Buzzy has crossed my mind several times when I am combing out my guys with their long coats.

My thoughts: Have you contacted the groomer or the shop regarding this poor 'grooming job'? If your husband paid her and gave her a tip, she no doubt thinks she did a good job. I am not talking about going in a raising a hissy fit, but calmly with photos - or even send a letter with a photo of what he now looks like compared with what he should look like. The point being - to educate her and let her know she really screwed that haircut up. So that another poor Havanese does not suffer the same haircut. Then she can do what she wants with the information - go on her merry way and continue as she has been doing and lose customers (as I doubt you would ever return, and when people see Buzzy and inquire about where that cut came from, they won't be going there either), or she can educate herself and work on her skills so she turns out a decent cut on a Havanese. And maybe she will realize that, yes, maybe she should take the clients up on their offer of pictures.

My SIL lives in a small town in Montana. There was a grooming shop, but the owner had to retire and sold the shop to a mother and daughter who had no training. Part of the sale agreement was that the gal selling the shop would train the mom and daughter for a month. After a week, she was dismissed - they felt they knew it all. I saw some of the cuts my SIL's poor Shi Tzu was given. Hack jobs. But they were the only game in town, with many miles to the next town with a groomer. So people complained, but had no where else to go - if they were not up to tackling the grooming themselves.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #25
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 34 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzys Mom View Post
I can't believe how devastated I am over this. All I wanted her to do was even out what my FIL did. I told her this. She said, "like a poodle?" I said "Definitely not like a poodle. Round face. Beard and mustache need to be cleaned up. Do you want to see pictures?" Her: "No, I understand." My husband calls me after he picks him up to tell me he is furious, Buzzy looks stupid, and why would we pay someone to do this to him when I do a much better job? The reality is that he only goes to the groomer 1-2 times a year and I cut it in between. I just don't have the time before Saturday morning to do it before pics so I thought she could. Boy was I wrong.
And looking at my profile picture makes me even sadder
I'm so sorry no matter what Buzzy is cute The same thing happened to me only I didn't have an appointment for a picture. The groomer also shaved Maddies back end for months all I could see was a bulls eye. I hatted that more than the face shave. What I dont like about nose shaves is the hair as it grows gets in their eyes. I don't know why they do that.
Here is Maddies bad hair cut it was about a year ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maddies bad hair cut 2011-10-22 004.jpg (530.3 KB, 4 views)