Need some advice on chew sticks.. - Page 3 - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > General Discussion

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #21
queryne

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Btw, more pics of Leo coming! He's like my little an Oreo Ewok!

Sent from my iPad using PG Free
queryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #22
lfung5
LINDA

Submit Photo: 3
Photo Submissions 31 Times in 28 Posts
We welcome more pictures

My guys won't touch the hooves, pig ears, or antlers. They love the Merrick corporal knee caps! I buy them by the box. They also love the Merrick glossies, but those have gotten too expensive!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #23
NvonS

Submit Photo: 0
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
I make marrow bones for Lily. Choose ones that are thick so they don't splinter. I bake them at 200 for 1 hour, let them cool then remove the marrow. Store them in the freezer. Lily will chew on them for an hour. She gets one if we go out for dinner as a special treat for being left behind. She will pull one out of her toy box every once in a while. She also LOVES bully sticks. I get them at the holistic dog store in my town.
NvonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
Suzi

Submit Photo: 14
Photo Submissions 34 Times in 34 Posts
Be careful of anything that might splinter. Mine loved bully sticks, pig ears and now because I haven't bought them anything new for awhile finally like the nila bones they had when they were little . It took them two years so don't throw any thing away! Maddie was never very interested in the bones in tell her sister came.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #25
queryne

Submit Photo: 1
Photo Nominations 1 Time in 1 Post
Linda: wow those knee caps look great. He'd probably LOVE those but I'd want to try one to see how it goes before i commit to a large box.. Kind of pricey! I'll look into that.

NvonS: LOVE THIS IDEA.. a good thick bone that won't splinter.. I think he'd really get into. I will try this and see how it goes. Do you get these at a butcher or just at the grocery store?

Suzi: he won't be getting anything like bully sticks and pig ears without supervision, no worries there. Man i HOPE he starts to like the Nyla bones because I have about 6 of them which he refuses to touch! I'm going to hold on to them in the hopes he changes his mind.. Good advice..
queryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
DeeDee

Submit Photo: 2
Always looking for something new so I ordered the moose taster slice but only one to see if either dog liked it. The slice was a hit with both so just placed another order. They're $5 each but include S/H. I think they'd make great stocking stuffers!
DeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #27
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodrop82 View Post
OMG! Lovin' me some Leo!!!! He's absolutely gorgeous!!! I got just the thing for you! Moose antler!!! Check out Acadia Antler....they have nice size samplers called "tasters" perhaps? They cost $5.00 Each. My girls don't like deer antlers, but adore the moose antler! And they last quite awhile!
Kodi agrees. He has little use for deer antlers, but LOVES his moose antlers... especially the squarish blades.

krandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #28
Dory
Mom to Quincy and Myka

Quincy really likes the bully sticks, but man they give him stinky breath (and whiskers). He's not a big fan of the deer antler, but will chew it every once in a while. I might have to investigate some other options. The most recent Himalayan chews that I got him seem to be wider than the others and he can't chew them as well. I got the same size as before, but they're thicker.
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #29
marlowe'sgirl

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
Quincy really likes the bully sticks, but man they give him stinky breath (and whiskers). He's not a big fan of the deer antler, but will chew it every once in a while. I might have to investigate some other options. The most recent Himalayan chews that I got him seem to be wider than the others and he can't chew them as well. I got the same size as before, but they're thicker.
bestbullysticks.com - there you can find low odor bully sticks, makes such a difference and Marlowe loves it *almost* as much as the stinky bully sticks.
marlowe'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #30
Dory
Mom to Quincy and Myka

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe'sgirl View Post
bestbullysticks.com - there you can find low odor bully sticks, makes such a difference and Marlowe loves it *almost* as much as the stinky bully sticks.
Yeah, we have to low odor and they still stink LOL
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote