Havanese Forum banner

Tips for getting hair up and out of eyes?

12K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  Sparkle 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any easy tips for getting Quincy's hair up and out of his eyes? Whenever I try to get a band or even a quick clip in it, he wiggles, ducks, runs, nips, and/or generally gets as far away from me as he can LOL. Hubby is no help as he is the worst holder in the world. I tried putting him on the grooming table with the noose, but he moves around so much that it scares me. Ever since the training class with the dog grabbing and yanking his leash/collar, he's given me fits about putting them on and that goes double for getting his head into the noose on the table. If I can't get it up and out of his eyes, I might have to consider taking him to the groomer and having it cut. It's at that puppy stage where it's not quite long enough to fall to the sides, but just flops forward. I've noticed lately that sometimes his hair is sticking in his eyes and irritating them a little.
Help?

#45 ·
Q is such a handsome boy! I still use the teeney tiny black elastics that I got at the dollar store on Ted. Yesterday, for the first time, he just laid down when I started to put his topknot in. That sure made it easy! The elastics are soo good. They are tiny so I only have to wrap them maybe 3 times, and they contract and hold for at least 2 days. They have never broken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.