ISO indoor potty solution for boy - Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums

Go Back   Havanese Forum : Havanese Forums > Havanese Discussions > Training Tips and Advice

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
ISO indoor potty solution for boy
Old 11-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
DeeDee

Submit Photo: 2
Photo Submissions 0 Times in 0 Posts
ISO indoor potty solution for boy

My friend recently rescued a 2 y.o. small dog (not a Hav). He's doing better with peeing in the right area but he's a leg lifter. I think she's currently taping some potty pads to low cabinets but is seeking a better long term solution.

Any reviews of the rascal dog litter box?

I would have sworn I've seen some sort of a potty pad with a "pee pole" of sorts but can't easily find it. Anyone know of something like that?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
DeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
StarrLhasa
Starr

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 6 Times in 6 Posts
I am not familiar with the pee pole potty pad, although I have seen pee poles at petsmart. but I would like to suggest using a belly band (with a maxi pad or incontinence pad attached, if necessary) as a stop-gap measure.

Your friend can get them at pet supply stores ($15 and up) or through a seller on Etsy.com. Much of the time, these will be handmade after the owner measures the dog and picks a style and pattern. The women I have dealt with have been really helpful, and the shipping is really inexpensive.

I searched on Etsy for dog belly band in the handmade section: http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?...o=US&ref=auto2

Starr in NorCal
Mom to Buffy & Buster
Havanese Rescue - won't you join us?

StarrLhasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
krandall
Metrowest, MA

Submit Photo: 5
Photo Submissions 73 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
My friend recently rescued a 2 y.o. small dog (not a Hav). He's doing better with peeing in the right area but he's a leg lifter. I think she's currently taping some potty pads to low cabinets but is seeking a better long term solution.

Any reviews of the rascal dog litter box?

I would have sworn I've seen some sort of a potty pad with a "pee pole" of sorts but can't easily find it. Anyone know of something like that?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I have two Rascal dogs, and I like them very much. I don't think they are tall enough to catch the pee of a serious leg-lifter, though.

krandall is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
housebreaking, housetraining, potty